Two French features will have their premieres during the festival: Ma famille afghane by Michaela Pavlatova, as part of Official Competition, and Even Mice Belong in Heaven by Denisa Grimmova-Abrhamova and Jan Bubenicek during a screening event.
In addition to the selections in competition (see details below), there are presentations of French projects in development or production. Projects with at least one French producer are in the majority (7 out of 9) among the feature films presented in the festival's Work In Progress strand. French projects also feature in MIFA Pitches, with 5 feature films, 4 shorts, 4 series and TV specials, and 4 digital experiences.
UniFrance's activities at the Annecy Festival 2021
— Panels focusing on French animation
On the occasion of the 60th edition of the Annecy Festival, UniFrance will propose three panels bringing together French professionals to discuss various topics related to French animation outside our borders. These meetings will be available online on the festival's platform from June 14, then available in replay on the UniFrance video library and YouTube channel.
- Monday, June 14 at 9:30 am: Voices of French animation: a new generation of directors, with Kajika Aki Ferrazzani, Mélanie Robert-Tourneur, and Marine Blin. Panel moderated by Eleanor Coleman. Available here.
- Tuesday, June 15 June at 2:00 pm: Film festivals in Africa: key events for international animation, with Mohamed Beyoud, Moly Kane, Xavier Simonin, Laza, Abel Kouamé, Alex Moussa Sawadogo, and Jérôme Sofo Simo. Panel moderated by Stéphanie Launay. Available here.
- Thursday, June 16 at 11:00 am: Writing, directing, and producing for young international audiences: a French perspective, with Rémi Chayé, Emmanuèle Petry-Sirvin, and Matthieu Zeller. Panel moderated by Axel Scoffier. Available here.
— Directors of French shorts in Competition take the mic
UniFrance will pass the microphone to the directors of the 9 majority-French short films in Official Competition, through a series of 10-minute interviews entitled "Voices of French Animation in Annecy." These interviews will be available on the festival platform as well as on UniFrance's YouTube channel and social networks.
— Promoting French short film productions
In partnership with the AFCA and the France in Shorts project, UniFrance will also showcase a trailer of the French short films in the different selections, as well as videos presenting producers' line-ups.
All the French films at the Annecy Festival 2021
Features - Competition
Features - Screening Events
Shorts - Official Competition
Shorts - Off-Limits Competition
Shorts - Perspectives Competition
Shorts - Young Audiences Competition
Shorts - Graduation Films Competition
- VO by Nicolas Gourault
- $75,000 by Moïse Togo
- Coffin by Cai Yuanqing, Nathan Crabot, Houzhi Huang, Mikolaj Janiw, Mandimby Lebon, and Théo Tran Ngoc
- Constrain by fleuryfontaine
- Butterfly Jam by Shih-Yen Huang
- Eyes Wide Open by Laura Passalacqua
- My Friend Who Shines in the Night by Grégoire de Bernouis, Jawed Boudaoud, Simon Cadilhac, and Hélène Ledevin
- Oh Babe, It's a Wild World by Coline Durtschi-Guillemot
Shorts - TV Films Competition
Shorts - Commissioned Films Competition
Shorts - VR Films Competition
Features - Work In Progress
Features - MIFA Pitches
Shorts - MIFA Pitches
Series TV specials - MIFA Pitches
Digital Experiences - MIFA Pitches
-> Click here for the online program (Festival and MIFA)
Latest update : 04 June 2021 à 16:08 CEST