This year, 37 live-action films and documentaries in all formats will compete for the COLCOA Cinema Awards. The festival will open on April 23 with a screening of Promise at Dawn by Eric Barbier, held in the presence of the director, and will close with The Prayer by Cédric Kahn, screened in the presence of its lead actor Anthony Bajon, who recently won the Best Actor Award at the Berlin International Film Festival.
The delegation of actors and directors present will include the well-known talents Camélia Jordana, Vanessa Paradis, Nahuel Pérez Biscayart, Melvil Poupaud, and Francis Veber, who will be at COLCOA to mark the 20th anniversary of the release of The Dinner Game.
The festival will offer the following sections: the After 10 Series (April 24-28); COLCOA Classics (April 24-28); COLCOA Documentaries (April 24-29); World Cinema Produced by France, featuring two Franco-Italian co-productions (April 25); Focus on a Filmmaker, with Mélanie Laurent (April 26); Film Noir Series (April 28); and French NeWave 2.0, dedicated to first films made by women (April 28). The program also includes the Happy Hour Talks—panel discussions held in collaboration with Variety—and the COLCOA High School Screenings, giving around 3,000 young Americans the chance to discover the French films in the lineup and to meet with the directors.
For the second year running, a VR Corner will be set up to give visitors the opportunity to explore the richness of French virtual reality productions (on April 28 and 29). And finally, the COLCOA Digital Series program features a competition comprising four productions presented in North American premieres. This program is free (as is the Short Film section), with the audience invited to vote for the COLCOA Best Digital Series Award.
2018 COLCOA Programs
COLCOA Short Film Competition
- The Winkles by Alice Vial
- Voyagers by Gauthier Ammeux, Valentine Baillon, Benjamin Chaumény, Alexandre Dumez, Léa Finucci, Marina Roger
- Under Mom's Skirt by Sarah Heitz de Chabaneix
- Fist by Sarah Al Atassi
- Pioneers v Benjamin Bernon, Clémentine Courbin, Matthieu Guevel, Anthony Rège, Jérôme Van Beneden
- Grams by Camille Japy
- Overrun by Jérémie Cottard, Antonin Derory, Matthieu Druaud, Pierre Ropars, Diane Thirault, Adrien Zumbihl
- Ordeal by Sacha Barbin
- Our Children by Sarah Suco
- Rise of a Star by James Bort
- Marlon by Jessica Palud
- The Amorous Indies by Clément Cogitore
- Hybrids by Florian Brauch, Kim Tailhades, Matthieu Pujol, Yohan Thireau, Romain Thirion
- The Understudy by Morgane Polanski
- 19 June by Anaïs Tellenne
- Creature From the Lake by Renata Antunez, Léa Bresciani, Maria Castro Rodriguez, Nicolas Grangeaud, Victor Rouxel, Mallaury Simoes, Alexis Bédué, Amandine Canville, Logan Cluber, Capucine Rahmoun-Swierczynski, Orianne Siccardi
- Acid by Just Philippot
- The Hitchhiker by Julien Decoin
French NeWave 2.0
Film Noir Series
World Cinema Produced by France
After 10 Series
Focus on a Filmmaker: Mélanie Laurent
Women Make History
Latest update : 05 April 2018 à 17:45 CEST