A total of 55 films (including 30 titles that are competing for the COLCOA Cinema Awards) and series will be showcased during the festival, which will be held in physical screenings in the theaters of the Directors Guild of America on Sunset Boulevard, Los Angeles, from November 1 through 7, 2021. This event is organized by the Franco-American Cultural Fund, in partnership with UniFrance. All titles presented will be screened in American previews, with the exception of Titane, which has been distributed in theaters by Neon since October 1, and The Madwomen's Ball, which is available on Amazon Prime.
The festival's opening ceremony will be held on Monday, November 1, with a screening of Between Two Worlds by Emmanuel Carrère, and the films closing the event on Sunday, November 7, are Lost Illusions by Xavier Giannoli, followed by 10,000 Nights in the Jungle by Arthur Harari.
The winners of awards in 2021 in the three competitive sections (cinema, television, and short films) will be announced on Monday, November 8, by the Franco-American Cultural Fund. Audiences will be invited to vote in these three categories. For the first time this year, the awards will be presented in a special ceremony held in Paris on November 16.
The COLCOA Classics section will pay tribute this year to Bertrand Tavernier.
As for TV sector productions, the series and documentary competitions will present seven and four titles, respectively. A TV documentary, Montand est nous by Yves Jeuland, features in the competition for Best Documentary.
All the French films presented at the 25th edition of COLCOA
French NeWave 2.0
World Cinema Produced by France
- Germinal (Season 1), created and written by Julien Lilti
- H.P.I. (Season 1), created by Nicolas Jean, Alice Chegaray-Breugnot, and Stéphane Carrié
- En thérapie (Season 1), series created by Yaël Fogiel, Laetitia Gonzalez, Hagai Levi, Olivier Nakache, and Éric Toledano
- Nona et ses filles (Season 1), series written by Valérie Donzelli and Clémence Madeleine-Perdrillat
- On the Verge (Season 1), created by Julie Delpy
- Paris Police 1900 (Season 1), created by Fabien Nury
- L'Opéra (Season 1), created by Cécile Ducrocq and Benjamin Adam
Short Films - Official Selection
- 400 MPH by Paul-Eugène Dannaud, Julia Chaix, Lorraine Desserre, Alice Lefort, Natasha Pianeti, Quentin Tireloque
- Coffin by Cai Yuanqing, Nathan Crabot, Houzhi Huang, Mikolaj Janiw, Mandimby Lebon, Théo Tran Ngoc
- Step Into the River by Weijia Ma
- Last Station by Pierre Ferrière
- Fier de toi mon fils by Florian Delhormeau
- Free Fall by Emmanuel Tenenbaum
- The Right Words by Adrian Moyse Dullin
- Store Policy by Sarah Arnold
- Inspection by Caroline Brami, Frédéric Bas
- The Saverini Widow by Loïc Gaillard
- The Bug by Guillaume Courty
- Dirty Hands by Hélène Rosselet-Ruiz
- Famadihana by Hugo Rousselin
- Merlich Merlich by Hannil Ghilas
- Mondo Domino by Suki
- We’re Not Animals by Noé Debré
- Pussy Boo by Rémi Parisse
- Spooning by Sarah Heitz de Chabaneix
Short Films - Out of Competition
Latest update : 04 November 2021 à 17:09 CET