This year, 13 French films will be presented to Berlin audiences in premiere screenings in eight different screening sites before their national release in Germany. The festival works hand in hand with distributors to ensure the Week's promotion. The event is an opportunity, once again, to highlight the richness and diversity of French cinema, which is particularly appreciated across the Rhine.
Fifteen French and French-speaking directors and actors will be present this year to accompany their films and meet audiences.
C'est la vie! by Eric Toledano & Olivier Nakache will open the event on November 29 at the Kino International, and both directors will be present. A week later, Step by Step by Grand Corps Malade and Mehdi Idir will bring the Week to a close, also in the presence of both directors, and will recieve the UniFrance/MGA/OFAJ distribution aid prize given to the winner of the Audience Award at the Tübingen | Stuttgart International French-language Film Festival.
The French Touch of short film
With this selection, the Berlin public will be able to discover contemporary French short films in all their diversity. From comedy to drama, and including romance and suspense, filmmakers tackle eclectic genres with a variety of running times. And although some favor concision and efficiency, others don't hesitate to invite the audience to experience more ambitious narratives. The program provides the opportunity to become immersed in a 360 degree world, to try out a virtual reality experience, or to explore the magical world of augmented reality during sessions concocted with the "Prenez du Relief" competition. And, to finish, the public will be invited to discover the selection proposed by Le Fresnoy - Studio National des Arts Contemporains and the GREC - Groupe de Recherches et d'Essais Cinématographiques, two organizations that have long endeavored to support emerging talents.
Short film night:
- Antonio, Dashing Antonio by Ana Maria Gomes
- Aux battements du parloir by Pascal Marc
- Archipelagos, Naked Granites by Daphné Hérétakis
- Delectable You by Axel Courtière
- Garden Party by Florian Babikian, Vincent Bayoux, Victor Caire, Théophile Dufresne, Gabriel Grapperon, and Lucas Navarro
- The Immaculates by Ronny Trocker
- In, Over & Out by Sebastian Brameshuber
- Logorama by François Alaux, Hervé de Crécy, Ludovic Houplain, and H5
- Mother(s) by Maïmouna Doucouré
- Marlon by Jessica Palud
- Mr Hublot by Alexandre Espigares and Laurent Witz
- Natural Process Activation #3 Bloom by Hicham Berrada
- A Radiant Life by Meryll Hardt
Virtual reality program
Latest update : 21 November 2017 à 16:28 CET