As part of the reinforcement of its actions in favor of documentaries, Unifrance is supporting French documentaries at Visions du Réel, in Nyon, Switzerland (April 7-17), by deploying several support mechanisms and events on site.
For this 53rd edition, France is in the spotlight with 26 French works selected (majority and minority productions) out of 160 films, and 8 projects led by French producers among the 27 projects pitched in the VdR-Industry section.
The unmissable documentary festival Visions du Réel welcomes around 50,000 spectators and 1200 professional each year. It has one of the most important documentary film markets in Europe and will be held from April 7 through 17, both in person and online. The festival has maintained this hybrid arrangement after the success of the last two online editions, which allowed the festival to broaden its spectrum and reach.
This year, Unifrance is strengthening the support offered to its members and is proposing new support in the form of travel grants for directors in the selection as well as AIP grants for producer members (cinema and television college) and television distributors. A brand new "Unifrance Doc Award," offering subtitling assistance in partnership with TitraFilm and membership in the Unifrance Producers' College, will be awarded by the festival jury to one of the French projects presented in pitching or WIP sessions during VdR-Industry. Lasty, Unifrance will bring together French and foreign professionals for a reception on Monday, April 11, in partnership with the Ambassade de France in Switzerland.
VdR-Industry and its activities VdR-Pitching (coproduction forum for feature films), VdR-Work in Progress (projects in the finalization phase) and VdR-Rough Cut Lab (workshop for feature films in the editing phase), offer support to films at each stage of their development.
The VdR-Film Market is an online viewing platform, which offers more than 400 unreleased creative documentaries for the duration of the festival and the 3 months that follow, with the aim of facilitating exchanges, acquisition, and sales of these films.
The VdR-Showcase took shape in 2021 and presents films ready to be distributed to a professional audience.
A tailor-made program for young audiences
Throughout the year, Visions du Réel offers films and educational material for image education on its VOD platform VdR at School. Every month a new documentary film with pedagogical material is added to the platform which is free of charge and recently has also started offering an online cineclub for students.
Don't hesitate to contact our team who will be delighted to meet you on site!
For more information about Unifrance at VdR: firstname.lastname@example.org
More information about the AIP can be found via this link.
French films at Visions du Réel 2022
Burning Lights Competition
- Olho Animal by Maxime Martinot
- Ollin Blood by Elise Florenty and Marcel Türkowsky
- Eami, by Paz Encina (minority French production)
- Europe by Philip Scheffner (minority French production)
- Far Away Ayes by Chun-Hong Wang (minority French production)
International Competition (features)
- Dogwatch by Gregoris Rentis
- Chaylla by Clara Teper and Paul Pirritano
- A Holy Family by Elvis A-Liang (minority French production)
- Inner Lines by Pierre-Yves Vandeweerd (minority French production)
- My Paper Life by Vida Dena (minority French production)
International Competition (mid-length and short films)
- Ardenza by Daniela de Felice
- Character by Paul Heintz
- Churchill, Polar Bear Town by Annabelle Amoros
- Ivan's Ladder by Nikolay Bem
- Ostend by Michaël Blin
- Jean Genet, Notre père des fleurs by Dalila Ennadre (minority French production)
- A Marble Travelogue by Sean Wang (minority French production)
- Il Posto - Steady Job by Gianluca Matarrese et Mattia Colombo (minority French production)
- tTolyatti Adrift by Laura Sistero (minority French production)
- See You Friday, Robinson by Mitra Farahani
- Republic of Silence by Diana El Jeiroudi
- Atlantide by Yuri Ancarani
- Things I Could Never Tell My Mother by Humaira Bilkis
- Taamaden by Seydou Cissé (minority French production)
- Le Cercle vide by Stéphanie Roland
- Ovan Gruvan (Au-dessus de la mine) by Lova Karlsson and Théo Audoire
- Future Tenses by Christos Karakepelis (SISTER Productions)
- Bestiari, Erbari, Lapidari by Martina Parenti and Massimo d’Anolfi (Bocalupo Films)
- Norr by Jérôme Le Maire (Tag Film)
- A Dog's Life by Diane Sara Bouzgarrou and Thomas Jenkoe (Films de Force Majeure)
- Faded by Pamella Edouard (Les Films du Bilboquet)
VdR-Work in Progress
- Against the Tide by Sarvnik Kaur (Les Films de l'Oeil Sauvage)
- Le Vrai du faux by Armel Hostiou (Bocalupo Films)
VdR-Rough Cut Lab
- Our Second Home by Frankie Sin (La Fabrica Nocturna Cinéma)
Short Films - Doc Alliance
In connection with this news
Visions du Réel - 2022
Feature film and short film festival