News in brief
16 December 2016 à 22:21
Around the World: December 15, 2016
Keep up to date on trips made by French actors and directors as they accompany their films around the world (for commercial releases, retrospectives, master classes, festivals, preview screenings, and more) in our bi-monthly bulletin.
- Abderrahmane Sissako, Loubna Abidar, Angèle Diabang, Costa Gavras, Baya Medhaffar, and Thomas Gunzig traveled to Beirut from December 2 through 4 for the Trophées Francophones du Cinéma awards ceremony.
- Morgan Simon attended the Tbilisi Film Festival (November 28 - December 4) in Georgia to present A Taste of Ink.
- The Berlin French Film Week (November 30 - December 7), jointly organized by the Ambassade de France in Berlin and UniFrance, welcomed Dany Boon, Jérôme Salle, Jean-Pierre and Luc Dardenne, Olivier Jahan, Louis Garrel, Ounie Lecomte, François Desagnat, Jérôme Corcos, Thierry Demaizière, Alban Teurlai, Emma de Caunes, Marie-Castille Mention-Schaar, Philippe Djian, Lambert Wilson, Marc Missonnier, and Bruno Dumont.
- Homage was paid to Isabelle Adjani by Christophe Honoré, Cristian Mungiu, and Abderrahmane Sissako during Marrakech International Film Festival (December 2 -10), which was also attended by Fanny Ardant, Yamina Benguigui, Lolita Chammah, Emmanuel Courcol, Louis-Do de Lencquesaing, Anaïs Demoustier, Arnaud des Pallières, Bruno Dumont, Pascal Greggory, Sébastien Houbani, Isabelle Huppert, Alice Isaaz, Marthe Keller, Jan Kounen, Laurent Lafitte, Samuel Le Bihan, Lou Lesage, Louis-Julien Petit, Constance Rousseau, Céline Sallette, Sandrine Veysset, and Elsa Zylberstein.
- Valérie Müller, Angelin Preljocaj, Niels Schneider, and Anastasia Shevtsova were present at the opening of the first edition of the Macao Film Festival (December 7-11).
- Benoit Jacquot gave a master class on December 9 at the China Art Museum in Shanghai on the theme of adapting literary works for cinema. He followed this the next day with another master class at the Shanghai Art Center.
- Rebecca Zlotowski, Benoit Jacquot, and Tran Anh Hung were in Hong Kong for the French Cinepanorama (November 23 - December 14). (photo)
- Rachid Djaïdani and Sadek presented Tour de France at the Dubai International Film Festival (December 6-13).
- Welcome to Gondwana opened the first Rendez-vous du cinéma francophone in Abidjan, organized by UniFrance from December 8 through 10, in the presence of its producer Éric Altmayer and director Mamane. Aïssa Maïga attended the festival to present He Even Has Your Eyes, and Daouda Coulibaly for his debut feature, Wùlu, alongside Éric Névé and Ibrahim Koma, respectively the film's producer and lead actor.
- Marc-Benoît Créancier traveled to the San Cristobal International Film Festival (December 8 - 11) in Mexico to present Divines, which he produced.
- Jalil Lespert, Pascal Bonitzer, and Jean-François Richet went to Como and Milan for the Noir in Festival (December 10 - 13).
- Lisa Azuelos and Sveva Alviti were in Belgium December 1 and 2, then in Switzerland December 12 and 13, for the release of Dalida.
- Déborah Lukumuena traveled to Zurich to present Divines at the opening of the Human Rights Film Festival (December 7 - 11) and to do promotion ahead of the film's release.
- Mohamed Hamidi and Fatsah Bouyahmed were in Poland from December 9 through 11 for the release of The Cow.
- Omar Sy, Hugo Gélin, and Gloria Colston traveled to Berlin from December 11 through 13 for the premiere of Two is a Family, which will be released in Germany on January 5, 2017.
- Isabelle Huppert was in Belgium on December 12 for the release of Souvenir.
- Eric Lavaine was in Spain from December 14 through 15 for the release of Back to Mom's.
- Julie Bertuccelli was in Switzerland from December 11 through 14 for the release of Latest News from the Cosmos.
- Isabelle Huppert andPaul Verhoeven traveled to Berlin from December 13 through 16 to do publicity prior to the German release of Elle.
- Émilie Deleuze, Marie Desplechin, and Léna Magnien were in Brussels December 4 and December 15 to promote Miss Impossible, which releases in Belgium on January 11, 2017.
- François Cluzet was in Belgium on December 16 for the release of The Eavesdropper.
Latest update : 23 December 2016 à 22:21 CET
Linked to this news article
Linked films (15)
Linked individuals (82)
Emma de Caunes
Louis-Do de Lencquesaing
Arnaud des Pallières
Tran Anh Hung
Samuel Le Bihan
Unspecified country (2)
Sorry, your search returned no results.