Twenty-four films have been selected for this retrospective of contemporary French cinema, which will focus this year on the emergence of the "next French New Wave" (Rebecca Zlotowski, Guillaume Brac, Justine Triet, Katell Quillévéré...), and which will also pay tribute to women filmmakers (nearly half of the films in the lineup were made by women), with a special evening at the Alliance Française, during which Cinéast(e)s, a documentary by Julie Gayet and Mathieu Busson, will be presented. In this film, which probes whether "cinema has a gender," twenty French female directors (some of whom, including Rebecca Zlotowski, Justine Triet, Axelle Ropert, and Katell Quillévéré, will be attending the Rendez-Vous) talk about their work.
Catherine Deneuve will open the event by presenting at the Paris Theater On My Way by Emmanuelle Bercot. And Bertrand Tavernier has the mission of closing the festivities with Quai d'Orsay.
As is the case each year, the films will be presented in various venues around the city, such as the BAM in Brooklyn, the Lincoln Film Center, and the IFC Center.
Emerging Pictures, a partner for the third consecutive year, will transmit, live or in delayed broadcast, the New York screenings of six of the selected films to theaters in 40 cities throughout the United States: 2 Autumns 3 Winters, Under the Rainbow, Cinéast(e)s, Age of Panic, The Marchers, and Tip Top.
- 2 Autumns 3 Winters by Sébastien Betbeder (New York premiere)
- A Castle in Italy by Valeria Bruni-Tedeschi (New York premiere)
- Age of Panic by Justine Triet (US premiere)
- Apaches by Thierry de Peretti (New York premiere)
- Eastern Boys by Robin Campillo (New York premiere)
- The French Minister by Bertrand Tavernier (US premiere)
- Going Away by Nicole Garcia (US premiere)
- Grand Central by Rebecca Zlotowski (New York premiere)
- The Guilded Cage by Ruben Alves (North American premiere)
- If You Don't, I Will by Sophie Fillières (North American premiere)
- Love is the Perfect Crime by Arnaud and Jean-Marie Larrieu (US premiere)
- Miss and the Doctors by Axelle Ropert (New York premiere)
- Mood Indigo by Michel Gondry (New York premiere)
- Playing Dead by Jean-Paul Salomé (North American premiere)
- The Marchers by Nabil Ben Yadir (North American premiere)
- Mes séances de lutte by Jacques Doillon (North American premiere)
- On My Way by Emmanuelle Bercot (US premiere)
- School of Babel by Julie Bertuccelli (North American premiere)
- Son épouse by Michel Spinosa (North American premiere)
- Suzanne by Katell Quillévéré (New York premiere)
- Tip Top by Serge Bozon (US premiere)
- Tonnerre by Guillaume Brac (North American premiere)
- Under the Rainbow by Agnès Jaoui (New York premiere)
- Young & Beautiful by François Ozon (New York premiere)
All information can be found at the festival's website.