The 1990s. Eighteen-year-old Lina arrives in Paris to study. She has come to find what she has never found in her homeland of Lebanon: a certain kind of freedom. With a survival instinct as her only luggage, she floats around from one Paris to another to the rhythm of her love affairs. Because, when you are eighteen years old, you dream of embracing the whole world and not just a single boy..
Production and distribution (5)
Full credits (13)
- Director of photography : Hélène Louvart
- Production Manager : Damien Saussol
- Press Attaché (film) : Monica Donati
- Editor : Mathilde Muyard
- Sound Editor : Olivier Touche
- Production Designer : Charlotte de Cadeville
- Costume designer : Claire Dubien
- Sound Mixer : Dominique Gaborieau
- Type : Feature film
- Genres : Fiction
- Sub-genre : Drama
- Themes : Adolescence, Love, Friendship
- Production language : French, Arabic
- Production country : France
- Original French-language productions : Yes
- Nationality : 100% French (France)
- Production year : 2015
- French release : 10/02/2016
- Runtime : 1 h 59 min
- Current status : Released
- Visa number : 140.190
- Approval : Yes
- Color type : Color
- Aspect ratio : 1.85
- Audio format : Dolby 5.1
- Rating restrictions : Suitable for all viewers, with warnings
Box-office & releases
|Country||Distributor||Buyer||Release date||Titre local|
Sorry, your search returned no results.
News & awards
With this film, Danielle Arbid sketches a very accurate portrait of France in the1990s.
All the charm of Parisienne, Danielle Arbid's finest film to date, lies in the politically basic but reassuring message defending integration that underlies its simplicity and broad appeal.
STUDIO CINE LIVE
Love and politics combine in this film as spirited as it is moving.
Parisienne (...) has joy in its heart like its heroine.
Utterly bittersweet, sexy in places and brutal in others, Danielle Arbid’s Parisienne (Peur de rien) is both educational and entertaining
THE HOLLYWOOD REPORTER
Director Danielle Arbid's semi-autobiographical film stars impressive newcomer Manal Issa as a young Lebanese woman who struggles to survive in Paris by herself.