Festivals & events
09 December 2015 à 16:57
UniFrance films at the Dubai International Film Festival
The Middle East's biggest movie industry event, the Dubai International Film Festival, will be held from December 9 through 16 this year. A large number of French films will be presented at the festival and UniFrance will be there to accompany them.
UniFrance welcomes the strong presence of French films at the upcoming Dubai International Film Festival, with this year's event presenting an impressive 26 French productions (including majority and minority co-productions). This 12th edition of the festival will thus showcase the broad scope and diversity of current French film production. UniFrance Films will be out in force at the event with a stand held at the Dubai Film Market in partnership with the French Embassy in the United Arab Emirates for attending French sales agents and distributors in the Middle East region. This festival provides a unique opportunity to promote French films in the Arab world.
The following French productions will be screened at the event:
Cinema of the World (majority French films)
- Dheepan by Jacques Audiard, in the presence of Kalieaswari Srinivasan
- Macadam Stories by Samuel Benchetrit
- The Childhood of a Leader by Brady Corbet (United Kingdom, Belgium, Hungary, France)
- A Decent Man by Emmanuel Finkiel
- Paulina by Santiago Mitre (Argentina, France, Brazil)
- Behemoth by Zhao Liang, in the director's presence (France, China)
- The Endless River by Oliver Hermanus, in the director's presence (France, South Africa)
- Francofonia by Alexandre Sokurov (The Netherlands, France, Germany)
- Mustang by Deniz Gamze Ergüven (France, Turkey)
Arabian Nights (majority French films)
- The Apaches by Nassim Amaouche
- Blind Sun by Joyce A. Nashawati, in the director's presence
- Fatima by Philippe Faucon, in the presence of the director and Soria Zeroual
Muhr Feature Section (majority French films)
- Parisienne by Danielle Arbid, in the presence of the director and Manal Issa
- Let Them Come by Salem Brahimi
- Madame Courage by Merzak Allouache
Catherine Deneuve will be in attendance at the opening ceremony on December 9 to receive a special tribute.
Latest update : 10 December 2015 à 16:57 CET
Linked to this news article
Linked films (15)
Linked individuals (19)
Deniz Gamze Ergüven
Joyce A. Nashawati
Sorry, your search returned no results.