19 November 2020 à 11:58
20th French Film Week in Berlin to be held entirely online
The Berlin French Film Week took place from November 26 through December 2, 2020! This year's festival was unlike any before as it was held entirely online via the Sooner platform. But this has not prevented the Institut Français in Germany and UniFrance from offering audiences in the German capital—indeed throughout the country—the chance to celebrate French cinema with an outstanding selection of titles.
This year, 20 French films have been shown to Berlin audiences in preview screenings held online, accessible across Germany. While respecting the necessary precautions put in place due to the current health crisis, the festival has continued to work closely with German distributors to ensure the promotion of their films in the lead-up to their commercial release.
As always, the event provides an opportunity to highlight the richness and diversity of French cinema, which is highly appreciated across the Rhine (close to 4 million admissions registered in 2019).
It is worth noting that the series HP by Angela Soupe and Sarah Santamaria-Mertens was also available via streaming during the festival, as was the Quebec documentary Language is a Love Story, by Andrés Livov. Finally, three workshops on online media education completed the program for this year's special edition of the festival.
All the French productions (and films co-produced by France) at the 20th Berlin Film Week
- Aznavour By Charles by Marc di Domenico
- Adolescentes by Sébastien Lifshitz
- Alice and the Mayor by Nicolas Pariser
- On a Magical Night by Christophe Honoré
- Delete History by Benoît Delépine, Gustave Kervern
- Paper Flags by Nathan Ambrosioni
- The Swallows of Kabul by Zabou Breitman, Éléa Gobbé-Mévellec
- Perfumes by Grégory Magne
- M, by Yolande Zauberman
- Notre Dame by Valérie Donzelli
- Papicha by Mounia Meddour
- Night Shift by Anne Fontaine
- Proxima by Alice Winocour
- Oh Mercy! by Arnaud Desplechin
- As Happy As Possible by Alain Raoust
- Spring Blossom by Suzanne Lindon
- Under the Stars of Paris by Claus Drexel
- You Will Die at 20 by Amjad Abu Alala
All further information can be found here.
Latest update : 30 November 2020 à 11:58 CET
Linked to this news article
Linked films (21)
Alice and the Mayor
As Happy As Possible
Aznavour By Charles
Into Dad's Woods
Marona's Fantastic Tale
On a Magical Night
(2020 - Upcoming release)
The 400 Blows
The Swallows of Kabul
Under the Stars of Paris
You Will Die at 20
Linked individuals (23)
Amjad Abu Alala
Marc di Domenico
Sorry, your search returned no results.