News in brief
12 November 2017 à 17:58
4 French films honored at the Seville European Film Festival
The 14th Seville European Film Festival, one of Spain's key movie industry events, closed its doors on Saturday, November 11. A string of French films picked up awards at the festival's closing ceremony.
- Best Direction Award: Barbara by Mathieu Amalric
- Best Screenplay Award: A Violent Life by Thierry de Peretti
- Las Nuevas Olas Special Prize (ex æquo): The Wild Boys by Bertrand Mandico
- Europa Junior Prize: Big Bad Fox & Other Tales by Benjamin Renner and Patrick Imbert
Three French-minority co-productions also received awards:
- Best Actor Award: Pio Amato for his role in A Ciambra by Jonas Carpignano
- Selección EFA Audience Award: Insyriated by Philippe Van Leeuw
- Eurimages Prize for Best European Co-Production: L'Intruse by Leonardo Di Costanzo
The French actor Agathe Bonitzer was a member of the festival's Official Jury this year.
Further details on the awards list can be found here.
Latest update : 14 November 2017 à 17:58 CET