News in brief
06 March 2023 à 16:39
Unifrance present at the American festival South by Southwest
Unifrance will be present at the multicultural festival SXSW (South by Southwest), which will take place in Austin (Texas) from March 10 through 19, with the presentation of a panel discussion on the future of cinema in the metaverse era. The organization is also accompanying director Julia Ducournau.
South by Southwest is a group of festivals that brings together music, film, television, and media each year in Austin, USA. The SXSW Film & TV Festival celebrates emerging talent and innovation in film and television through events, meetings, panel discussions, and other formats. With its international dimension, the event brings together a large number of figures from the audiovisual and film industry.
Unifrance panel discussion on the future of cinema in the metaverse era
Daniela Elstner, Executive Director of Unifrance, will participate in a panel discussion focused on the future of cinema in the metaverse era, alongside Brian Newman, founder of Subgenre, and Diana Williams, co-founder and CEO of Kinetic Energy Entertainment.
This will be the first opportunity to discuss, with an American and international audience, Unifrance's new project, MetaStories, supported by the Creative Europe MEDIA Program, which is based on an innovative experiment: a European online festival with promotion in the Minecraft universe.
Click here for practical information.
Guest of honor Julia Ducournau
Unifrance will accompany one of the guests of honor of this 2023 edition, the French filmmaker Julia Ducournau, who received the 2022 Palme d'Or at Cannes.
A "Featured Session" has been organized on Friday, March 10, which will explore her career and film work. The following day, the Austin Film Society will host a talk with the filmmaker, moderated by Jeff Nichols, followed by screenings of her films Junior and Titane.
French VR at SXSW
A major festival for immersive works, French creations in this field will once again be present during this edition with four immersive works selected in the XR Experience Competition category.
- Two documentary productions by Targo created by Chloé Rochereuil will be presented: JFK Memento, which relates Kennedy's assassination, and Behind the Dish, an immersive tale set in gourmet kitchens.
- After the success of Jailbirds – Bwa Kayiman, the second episode Jailbirds - The Eye of the Artist, produced by Digital Rise and created by Thomas Villepoux, will also be presented in Competition.
- Élise Morin, an artist in residence at the Villa Albertine, who already oversaw the artistic direction of Fan Club by Vincent Ravalec in 2018, will present her creation Spring Odyssey, produced by Lucid Realities.
A delegation of French artists working in the immersion field will also attend, with support funding from French Immersion.
French short films also selected for the 2023 edition
- The Key by Rakan Mayasi
- Christopher at Sea by Tom CJ Brown
- Ice Merchants by João Gonzalez
- A Tiny Man by Aude David & Mikaël Gaudin
Latest update : 07 March 2023 à 16:39 CET
Linked to this news article
Linked films and programs (12)
Linked individuals (11)
Tom CJ Brown
Sorry, your search returned no results.