Festivals & events
07 March 2022 à 15:35
Unifrance partners with the 2022 Anima Festival in Brussels
The 2022 Brussels Animation Film Festival Anima came to a close on Sunday, March 6, with a host of French productions picking up awards at this year's hybrid event!
With over sixty French productions presented to audiences in theaters in Brussels and online via the festival's website, the lineup for this year's event gave center stage to French works. The strong French presence was also felt in the awards lists for the various festival sections. All up, a total of 13 awards and Special Mentions were won by French productions and coproductions. The complete list of all award-winning French productions can be found at the end of this article.
Unifrance was a partner of the event, providing its support for the particularly large number of French productions presented. Unifrance notably contributed to hosting the festival's opening night, which included a cocktail reception and a screening of The Summit of the Gods by Patrick Imbert, as well as assisting with travel arrangements for four directors of feature films in competition, as well as two directors of short films.
Unifrance also took part in the organization of the "France Day" event at Futuranima, the festival's professional arm, in partnership with the Cultural Services of the French Embassy in Belgium.
This day-long event was structured around three roundtable discussions. "Franco-Belgian Coproductions: What are the opportunities? (Part 1)" brought together representatives from a large number of institutional bodies in France and Belgium in order to discuss funding possibilities in the two countries. The second part of this discussion involved four producers, who spoke about their own experiences of coproductions between France and Belgium. And finally, the French Day ended with a discussion on the subject of "The Boom in TV Specials," held in collaboration with the animation magazine Blink Blank. For futher information about Futuranima, click here.
All the award-winning French productions at Anima 2022
- Flee: Best Feature Film and Audience Award for Best Feature Film
- Princesse Dragon: Best Feature Film for Children
- Pil: Audience Award for Best Feature Film for Children
- Steakhouse: Anima Grand Prize
- Butterfly Jam: Creative Revelation Award for a Graduation Film
- Goodbye Jerome!: Audience Award for Best Short Film
- A Stone in the Shoe: Best Short Film for Children
- Luce and the Rock: Best Belgian Short Film
- Liaisons foireuses: Best Author Award
- Mom: Special Mention from the Jury
- The Summer Holidays: Special Mention from the Jury
- The Night Watch: Special Mention from the Jury
Latest update : 09 March 2022 à 15:35 CET