News in brief
19 June 2017 à 17:20
Around the World: June 19, 2017
Follow our bi-monthly bulletin to keep up to date on trips made by French actors and directors as they accompany their films around the world (for film releases, retrospectives, master classes, festivals, preview screenings, and more).
- Alain Delon, Arnaud des Pallières, Christelle Berthevas, Clotilde Courau, Valérie Müller, Radu Mihaileanu, Derek Jacobi, and Jérôme Reybaud made up the French delegation in attendance at the Transylvania International Film Festival, which was held in Cluj in Romania (June 2-11).
- During her recent trip to China, Isabelle Huppert took part in a discussion with Jia Zhang-Ke on June 10 at the Shanghai International Film Festival, and gave a lecture on Marguerite Duras' book The Lover on June 14 in Beijing at the Tianqiao Performing Arts Center.
- Alain Gomis was in Australia to present his film Félicité at the Sydney Film Festival (June 7-18).
- Dominique Abel, Fiona Gordon, Ramzy Bedia, Damien Bonnard, Camille Cottin, Maria Duplaa, Olivier Peyon, Sadek, and Noémie Saglio made the trip to Brazil to attend the French Film Varilux Panorama in Brazil (June 7-21)
- Emmanuelle Devos was invited as a guest of the Alliance Française in New York for a Carte Blanche event, as well as participating in a discussion about Moka, which previewed at the Film Forum on June 14.
- Bertrand Tavernier was a guest of the American Cinematheque in Los Angeles from June 15 to 19 to present A Journey Through French Cinema and to take part in a series of discussions on the subject of films noirs.
- Sébastien Laudenbach took part in two master classes at Film Schools in Dalian, China, and his film The Girl Without Hands was the festival opener at the French Film Panorama in China on June 8.
- Nicolas Bedos and Doria Tillier were in Montreal for the Quebec launch of M. & Mme Adelman on June 9.
- Fanny Ardant was in Brussels on June 13 to take part in a day devoted to the press in the lead-up to the release of Lola Pater by Nadir Moknèche on August 9.
- François Ozon also traveled to Brussels, on June 7 and 8, to accompany the release of Amant double.
- Christian Duguay was in Montreal from May 31 to June 8 for the release of A Bag of Marbles.
- Thomas Kruithof worked on promoting The Eavesdropper in Madrid on June 6 and 7.
- Philippe de Chauveron made the trip to Hungary on June 7 to present À bras ouverts and to meet with media representatives on the day before the film's release.
Latest update : 20 June 2017 à 17:20 CEST
Linked to this news article
Linked films (10)
Linked individuals (32)
Philippe de Chauveron
Arnaud des Pallières
Great Britain (2)
Unspecified country (10)
Unspecified country (12)
Sorry, your search returned no results.