A feature film in competition, three others selected for special screenings, and almost thirty short films: an abundant French crop is on show at the next Annecy Festival, which proves once again the great vitality of French animation.
Several UniFrance events will punctuate the festival
Tuesday June 13, from 2pm to 3pm, UniFrance will welcome to its stand the directors of Zombillenium, Alexis Ducord and Arthur de Pins, for an autography signing session of the original graphic novel by Arthur de Pins, as well as of the film's poster. The only French feature in competition this year at Annecy, Zombillenium will open the festival. In partnership with Orange, UniFrance will offer, exclusive to its stand, the VR version of the film's trailer.
Wednesday June 14 at 6.30pm, UniFrance will announce its 3rd Export Award. Sponsored by reelport, TitraFilm, and UniFrance, this award is given each year to a short film producer. It honors the quality of the work carried out by a French company abroad, in terms of sales, selections, and prizes won.
Thursday June 15 at 9am, in partnership with the Sodec, SWISS FILMS, and Wallonie-Bruxelles Images (WBI), UniFrance will organised its traditional networking breakfast for short film professionals. China is the country of honor at the MIFA 2017, and hence a delegation of representatives of Chinese animation studios will be present during the event.
Lastly, for the second consecutive year, UniFrance has the pleasure of joining forces with its partner Titrafilm for the company's unmissable gala. From 9pm to 4am, leading film industry and institution professionals will come together to celebrate animation films from around the world.
The French films at the Annecy Festival:
Feature films - Official Competition:
Feature films - Special Screenings:
Short films - Official Competition:
Short films - Graduation films:
- Sirocco by Romain Garcia, Kevin Tarpinian, Avril Hug, Thomas Lopez-Massy, Lauren Madec
- Preston by Gabriel Amar, Joseph Heu, Terence Tieu, Louis Doucerain, William Marcere, Morgane Vaast
- Gokurōsama by Aurore Gal, Clémentine Frère, Yukiko Meignien, Anna Mertz, Robin Migliorelli, Romain Salvini
- Ad Astra by Lauric Bonnemort, Clémentin Massin, Pierre Vallerich
- Des résidus analytiques by Jon Boutin
- Fukushima, 5 Years On by Ève Ceccarelli
- Garden Party by Florian Babikian, Vincent Bayoux, Victor Caire, Théophile Dufresne, Gabriel Grapperon, Lucas Navarro
- I'd Rather Eat a Child by Anne-Marie Balaÿ
- The Table by Eugene Boitsov
- Pas à pas by Charline Arnoux, Mylène Gapp, Léa Rubinstayn, Florian Heilig, Mélissa Roux
Latest update : 25 September 2018 à 15:50 CEST