News in brief
02 May 2017 à 12:46
Around the World: May 5, 2017
UniFrance's bi-monthly bulletin keeps you up to date with the travel plans of French actors and directors as they accompany their films for their commercial release, attend retrospectives, festivals, preview screenings, give master classes, and more.
- Olivier Assayas and Marc Fitoussi went to China to present their films at the Hong Kong International Film Festival (April 11-25) (photo). Olivier Assayas continued on to Thailand to promote Personal Shopper, which will soon release there.
- Damien Bonnard attended the Tribeca Film Festival in New York (April 19-30) for the 3 public screenings of Thirst Street.
- Lisa Azuelos, Sveva Alviti, Nicolas Bedos, Dany Boon, Nicolas Boukhrief, Stéphane Brizé, Patrick Bruel, Bruno Dumont, Hugo Gélin, Alexandra Lamy, Éric Lavaine, Claude Lelouch, Philippe Lioret, Marie-Castille Mention-Schaar, Valérie Perrin, Morgan Simon, Doria Tillier, and Lambert Wilson represented French cinema during The American French Film Festival (ex-COLCOA) (24 April-2 May), while participating in panels and master classes. In terms of short films, Sophie Ansel (director of the Out of the blue VR project), Simon François (The Fisherman and the Businessman), and Cédric Prévost (D'après une histoire vraie) also came to present their films.
- The Jeonju International Film Festival, in South Korea (April 28-May 7), enjoyed the presence of Dominique Abel & Fiona Gordon, Arnaud des Pallières & Christelle Berthevas, Dominique Cabrera, Alain Gomis, Damien Manivel, and Antonin Peretjatko, who came to present French films in the selection.
- Stéphane Brizé was present at BAFICI in Argentina (April 19-30) for a retrospective dedicated to his work.
- Lucas Belvaux attended the Vienna Francophone Film Festival (April 19-27), where he presented his film This Is Our Land.
- Safy Nebbou, Evgueni Sidikhin, and Yaniss Lespert made up a delegation that traveled to Kazakhstan, first to Almaty and then to Astana, for the 8th edition of French Cinema Today in Kazakhstan organized by Unifrance from April 22 through 25.
- Julia Kowalski, Lidia Terki, Orelsan, and cameraman Simon Beaufils went to Austin for New French Cinema Week organized in collaboration with the Austin Film Society and the Festival Premiers Plans d’Angers (April 17-23). Orelsan then continued on to Providence and Minneapolis to attend Young French Cinema and accompany his film Uncompleted Song.
- Lidia Terki and her producer Jan Vasak were in Teheran for the Fajr International Film Festival (April 21-28), where they presented Paris la blanche; Brice Cauvin also traveled there and participated in a workshop.
- Rémi Bassaler went to Visions du Réel de Nyon (April 21-29) to present his documentary short A Chinese Dream.
- Anne-Dauphine Julliand traveled to Switzerland to present Everyday Heroes at several preview screenings organized in Lausanne, Geneva, Neuchâtel, and Fribourg, and to participate in interviews with the press from April 26 through 28.
- Grand Corps Malade and Mehdi Idir were in Montreal from April 25 through 28 to promote Step by Step, which will release in Quebec on May 5. They were accompanied by the film's lead actor, Pablo Pauly.
- Olivier Assayas and Sigrid Bouaziz went to Japan from April 18 through 20 to promote Personal Shopper, whose release is slated for May 12.
- Still in Japan, Stéphanie Di Giusto and Soko were on hand to promote The Dancer, which releases there on June 3.
Latest update : 05 May 2017 à 12:46 CEST
Linked to this news article
Linked films (11)
Linked individuals (50)
Grand Corps Malade
Arnaud des Pallières
Stéphanie Di Giusto
Sorry, your search returned no results.