After the appearance of Juliette Binoche at last year's festival, it is now Isabelle Huppert's turn to be honored as a special guest at the 2015 Morelia International Film Festival, which will be held from October 12 through November 1 in this city located between the Mexican capital and the coast that is famous for its magnificent colonial architecture classified as a UNESCO World Heritage site.
The legendary French actress will present her three most recent films, Plus fort que les bombes by Joachim Trier, Macadam Stories by Samuel Benchetrit, and Valley of Love by Guillaume Nicloux, as well as La Cérémonie / A Judgment in Stone by Claude Chabrol.
The guest list includes another representative of the French movie scene, with the director Laurent Cantet in attendance for a full retrospective of his films ranging from his very first shorts to the most recent Return to Ithaca.
Barbet Schroeder will present More and Amnesia, which were shot in the same house in Ibiza forty-five years apart. The filmmaker is also the subject of a documentary, Some More, Barbet Schroeder, made by Victoria Clay Mendoza, who will also be present at the festival.
The French delegation also includes Nicolas Philibert and Iris Brey (members of this year's jury), Thierry Frémaux (who will make a special presentation on the Lumière brothers), the journalists Charles Tesson and Jean-Michel Frodon, the director Damien Odoul (who will present The Fear in the Jean Vigo Award program), the actress Clotilde Courau for In the Shadow of Women, and the actor-director Gaspar Noé for Love.
French films showcased at the Morelia Critics' Week
- Dégradé by Tarzan & Arab Abunasser (France, Palestine)
- Mediterranea by Jonas Carpignano (USA, Germany, Italy, France)
- The Wakhan Front by Clément Cogitore (France, Belgium)
- Paulina by Santiago Mitre (Argentina, France, Brazil)
- Land and Shade by César Augusto Acevedo (Colombia, France, The Netherlands, Chile, Brazil)
- Dieu, ma mère et moi by Federico Veiroj (Spain, France, Uruguay)
- The Lobster by Yorgos Lanthimos (Ireland, Greece, Netherlands, France, United Kingdom)
- Love by Gaspar Noé
- My Mother by Nanni Moretti (Italy, France)
- In the Shadow of Women by Philippe Garrel
- Suite française by Saul Dibb (France, Canada, UK)
- My Golden Days by Arnaud Desplechin
- Standing Tall by Emmanuelle Bercot
Further information can be found on the festival's official website.
Latest update : 29 October 2015 à 12:39 CET