It’s a calm and peaceful day like many others at Bois Joli. Birds chirp, colors are bright, everyone laughs and sings. We have the imperturbable dog Pollux, who’s only interested in two things in life: candy and Margote; Azalée the cow, convinced that she’s a great singer; Ambroise the snail, who’s shy and secretly in love with Azalée, and nonchalant and lazy Flappy the rabbit, who spends most of his time stretched out relaxed.
Suddenly, a terrible accident provoked by Pollux’s weakness for candy strikes the Magic Merry-Go-Round and Margote is imprisoned within ice. Zebulon, the leaping magician, tries to reassure his friends but he knows that the situation is very serious. He gets the frightened gang together and tells them a very old story.
Once upon a time, when the earth was hard and cold, his ancestors encountered an evil wizard called Zabadie. They locked him in the ice beneath the Magic Merry-Go-Round where he was supposed to stay prisoner. But the terrible accident has broken the spell, thereby freeing the evil spirit.
Now freed, the formidable wizard has three days to get his hands on three diamonds that will allow him to rule the planet with an icy grip. It’s therefore time for our intrepid gang – Pollux, Azalée, Flappy and Ambroise – to get into action and get to the diamonds before Zabadie.
It’s the beginning of a hazardous quest. The countdown is now on to save the world from the claws of the evil wizard. Will our heroes succeed? Will Margote and her friends be saved? Will the world be freed?
Production and distribution (4)
Full credits (6)
- Screenwriter : Paul Bassett Davies
- Voice : Henri Salvador, Vanessa Paradis, Dany Boon, Michel Galabru, Gérard Jugnot, Valérie Lemercier, Eddy Mitchell, Élie Semoun
- Production Manager : Pierre-Marie Fenech
- Editor : Mathieu Morfin
- Music Composer : Mark Thomas
- Type : Feature film
- Genres : Animated film
- Production language : French
- Coproducer countries : France, Great Britain
- Original French-language productions : Unspecified
- Nationality : Majority French (France, Great Britain)
- Production year : 2003
- French release : 02/02/2005
- Runtime : 1 h 25 min
- Current status : Released
- Visa number : 100.449
- Visa issue date : 17/01/2005
- Approval : Yes
- Color type : Color
Box-office & releases
|Country||Distributor||Buyer||Release date||Titre local|