We could not have hoped for a more impressive list of awards given to French films at this year's Annecy International Animation Film Festival and its film market, with a total of 12 awards and Mentions from the Jury received by French productions in the various festival competitions. Added to this is 10 prizes awarded to French projects presented at MIFA.
In the feature film sections, French productions dominated the awards in the Official Selection, winning 5 out of the 7 awards presented.
The prestigious Cristal Award for Best Feature Film went to Little Nicholas - Happy as Can Be by Amandine Fredon and Benjamin Massoubre (illustration). No Dogs or Italians Allowed by Alain Ughetto picked up the Feature Film Jury Prize as well as the Fondation Gan Distribution Prize. Blind Willows, Sleeping Woman by Pierre Földes was honored with a Mention from the Feature Fim Jury. Lastly, Dozens of Norths by Koji Yamamura was crowned winner of the Contrechamp Prize.
In the short film sections, 5 awards and mentions were presented to French works: Steakhouse by Čadež Špela continues its highly successful festival career, winning the Jury Prize, while Anxious Body by Yoriko Mizushiri received a Mention from the Jury. The Jury Mention for Graduation Films went to Mom, What’s Up With the Dog? by Lola Lefèvre.
Among the winners of the festival's special prizes, Terra Incognita by Adrian Dexter and Pernille Kjaer won the Festivals Connexion Prize, while A Story for 2 Trumpets by Amandine Meyer, received the André-Martin Prize for Best Short Film.
Furthermore, it is important to note that the two awards presented in the VR Competition were given to productions coproduced by France. The Cristal Award for Best VR Work was awarded to Glimpse by Benjamin Cleary and Michael O'Connor, and the Mention from the Jury went to Goliath: Playing With Reality by Barry Gene Murphy and May Abdalla.
All the award-winning French films produced or coproduced by France at Annecy 2022
- Cristal Award for Best Feature Film: Little Nicholas - Happy as Can Be by Benjamin Massoubre and Amandine Fredon
- Jury Prize: No Dogs or Italians Allowed by Alain Ughetto
- Mention from the Jury: Blind Willows, Sleeping Woman by Pierre Földes
- Fondation Gan Distribution Prize: No Dogs or Italians Allowed by Alain Ughetto
- Contrechamp Prize: Dozens of Norths by Koji Yamamura
Short Films and VR
- Cristal Award for Best VR Work: Glimpse by Benjamin Cleary and Michael O'Connor
- Mention from the VR Jury Goliath: Playing With Reality by Barry Gene Murphy and May Abdalla
- Short Film Jury Prize: Steakhouse by Čadež Špela
- Mention from the Short Film Jury: Anxious Body by Yoriko Mizushiri
- Mention from the Graduation Film Jury: Mom, What’s Up With the Dog? by Lola Lefèvre
- André Martin Prize: A Story for 2 Trumpets by Amandine Meyer
- Festivals Connexion Prize: Terra Incognita by Adrian Dexter and Pernille Kjaer
All the prize-winning French pitches at MIFA
- Cristal Publishing Prize: Le Cœur à danser by Pierre Le Couviour and Amine El Ouarti
- Ciclic Prize: Le Cœur à danser by Pierre Le Couviour and Amine El Ouarti
- TitraFilm Prize: Happy End by Marie Amachoukeli and Vladimir Mavounia-Kouka
TV Series and Special Programs
- Ciclic Prize: Papy et Mamy ont fait la révolution by Agnès Patron and Sophie Nivelle-Cardinale
- Ciclic Prize – World Animation: Les Cogitations de Jupiter by Moumouni Sodré and Sébastien Godard
- TitraFilm Prize: Polo sans bobo by Sophie Castaignede and Fabrice Ravier
- SACD Prize: The Day I Smoked a Cigarette with My Father by Robin Vouters and Sameh Morsy
- Arte France Prize: The Day I Smoked a Cigarette with My Father by Robin Vouters and Sameh Morsy
- Auvergne – Rhône – Alpes Cinéma Prize / Bourse des Festivals: Supersilly by Veronica Martiradonna
- Ciclic Prize: Le Chagrin des Tournesols by Léa Krawczyk