14 May 2020 à 11:41
Kino Marquee distributes the New French Shorts 2020 program in the United States
New French Shorts distributed by Kino Marquee will be released on May 15, in more than 40 movie theaters (via their streaming platforms) throughout the USA. A selection of seven short films from Young French Cinema 2020, an annual program – run by UniFrance and the Services culturels de l'Ambassade de France aux États-Unis – of French films, both long and short, not yet distributed in North America and made available to a network of arthouse cinemas, film clubs, and universities.
The seven selected films are:
- Ahmed’s Song by Foued Mansour
- The Distance Between Us and the Sky by Vasilis Kekatos
- The Glorious Acceptance of Nicolas Chauvin by Benjamin Crotty
- Magnetic Harvest by Marine Levéel
- Sheep, Wolf and a Cup of Tea… by Marion Lacourt
- The Tears Thing by Clémence Poésy
- Tuesday from 8 to 6 by Cecilia de Arce
Animation, romantic comedy, social or school chronicle, and historical experimentation, some of these shorts received accolades at major international festivals such as Cannes (The Distance Between Us and the Sky), Locarno (The Glorious Acceptance of Nicolas Chauvin), and Palm Springs ShortFest (Ahmed’s Song, Magnetic Harvest).
The list of partner theaters, which have committed to stream the films for at least two weeks: http://kinomarquee.com/new-french-shorts-2020
Latest update : 14 May 2020 à 11:41 CEST