News in brief
19 August 2019 à 17:10
Damien Manivel, Boris Lojkine, and Sébastien Lifshitz win awards at Locarno
French films have picked up eight awards at the Locarno Film Festival, with three majority-French productions honored: Isadora's Children by Damien Manivel (photo), Adolescentes by Sébastien Lifshitz, and Camille by Boris Lojkine.
French films on the awards list at the 72nd Locarno Film Festival
- Leopard Award for Best Direction: Damien Manivel for Isadora's Children
- Audience Prize: Camille by Boris Lojkine
- Critics' Week Zonta Prize: Adolescentes by Sébastien Lifshitz
- Best Actor: Regis Myrupu for The Fever by Maya Da-Rin (minority-French coproduction)
- FIPRESCI Prize from International Critics: The Fever by Maya Da-Rin (minority-French coproduction)
- Special Jury Prize: The Science of Fictions by Yosep Anggi Noen (minority-French coproduction)
- Best Emerging Director: Hassen Ferhani for 143, rue du Désert
- Youth Jury Prize, Filmmakers of the Present: 143, rue du Désert by Hassen Ferhani
See the complete awards list here.
Latest update : 28 August 2019 à 17:10 CEST