News in brief
05 November 2018 à 10:22
French VR fills the frame with Novembre Numérique
The third edition of Novembre numérique, the international festival of digital cultures, is organized, as it is each year, by the Institut français and the French cultural network abroad, on the 5 continents. An opportunity to (re)discover major immersive French works.
Every year, in November, digital creation is highlighted everywhere in the world, through various projects ranging from day-long events to month-long initiatives. With this third international edition, the Institut français and the French cultural network abroad will showcase all forms of digital creation (from video games to immersivies realities, and not forgetting digital art and sound spatialization), across its many expressions: performing arts, movies, art installations, discussions, workshops, professional encounters, etc.
Among the highlights, we'd like to draw attention to:
- In Tunisia, Panorama, the virtual reality festival: in collaboration with Hervé, works such as Out Of the Blue, Paris, l'envers du décor, and the internationally awarded installation The Enemy will be presented at the Institut français.
- In Taiwan, the Bureau français de Taipei is collaborating with the Kaoshiung Film Festival by ensuring the presence of virtual reality contents (BattleScar) and French professionals (Diversion cinema, Digital Rise, the Forum des images).
- In Montreal, the Centre Phi and the cultural services of the Ambassade du Québec offer a focus on French digital creation (music and virtual reality) within its new exhibition: Écho : réverbération dans l’espace. Alongside the multi-awarded The Real Thing, the public will be able to discover several productions made by Atlas V (SPHERES, Vestige).
- In Hong Kong, the Consulat de France organizes Novembre Numérique in partnership with several important local structures: the Hong Kong Arts Centre presents the immersive theater project Les Falaises de V. in the presence of director Laurent Bazin, and the Festival Lumières Hong Kong will highlight French productions.
- Spain invites Julie Stephen Chheng, a digital creator and the recipient of the Bourse Orange XR, who will supervise workships and professional encounters around her work La Pluie à midi.
This year, Novembre Numérique proposes events on the 5 continents, in more than forty countries: Algeria, Argentina, Brazil, Benin, Cameroon, Chad, Colombia, Costa Rica, Croatia, Equador, Estonia, Georgia, Hong Kong, Japan, Mauritania, Mexico, Myanmar, New Zealand, Niger, Peru, Russia, Senegal, Togo, United Kingdom…
The events take place within the institutions of the French cultural network, in media libraries, movie theaters, and exhibition venues. Novembre Numérique is also hosted by local institurions partnering with the French cultural network abroad, and it is also frequently linked with local festivals.
The complete program can be found here.
Latest update : 15 January 2019 à 10:22 CET