News in brief
18 December 2015 à 15:38
Mustang short listed for the 2016 Oscars
The film by Deniz Gamze Ergüven, which has been selected to officially represent France at the Oscars 2016, was announced last night as one of the 9 films vying for nomination in the Foreign Language Film category.
This is the last phase before the nominations are announced on January 14, 2016, with the list to be whittled down to five films that will compete for the prestigious Best Foreign Language Film award. The Oscars ceremony will be held on February 28 at the Dolby Theater in Los Angeles.
Mustang has already been nominated for the Golden Globe Award for Best Foreign Language Film, along with The Brand New Testament (a minority French co-production) by Jaco Van Dormael, which is also included in the Oscars short list, representing Belgium.
The following 9 films have been short listed for nomination in the Best Foreign Language Film category:
- The Brand New Testament by Jaco Van Dormael (Belgium)
- Embrace of the Serpent by Ciro Guerra (Colombia)
- A War by Tobias Lindholm (Denmark)
- The Fencer by Klaus Härö (Finland)
- Mustang by Deniz Gamze Ergüven (France)
- Labyrinth of Lies by Giulio Ricciarelli (Germany)
- Son of Saul by László Nemes (Hungary)
- Viva by Paddy Breathnach (Ireland)
- Theeb by Naji Abu Nowar (Jordan)
Latest update : 21 December 2015 à 15:38 CET