Spaced Out is an acquatic VR experience to be done in a swimming pool. It will take you on a journey from the Earth to the moon, guided by the conversations recorded on board the Apollo 11 space mission. You'll float in the water with a VR headset, while breathing through a snorkle. The experience simulates a journey through space, giving the illusion of being submerged in the lunar surface.
Production and distribution (1)
- Foreign production company : Ballast VR
Full credits (5)
- Spatial mixer : Mourad Bennacer
- Sound Recordist : Mourad Bennacer
- Line Producer : Nathan Brown
- Screenwriter : Pierre Friquet
- Music Composer : Mourad Bennacer
- Type : Short film
- Genres : Fiction, Animated film
- Sub-genre : Science fiction , Video art
- Themes : Art, Utopie, Surrealism
- Production language : No dialogue
- Coproducer countries : France, United States
- Original French-language productions : Unspecified
- Nationality : Majority French (France, United States)
- Production year : 2019
- Runtime : 9 min 27 seconds
- Production formats : Live footage - Computer generated images
- Color type : Color
- Aspect ratio : 360°
- Audio format : Octophonic sound
- Rating restrictions : None
News & awards
Inspired by George Méliès' film A Trip to the Moon, Spaced Out transports visitors from Earth to the moon, from the water to space, and from the first to the third person, leaving the body behind, to reach the moon and then its hollow center. The journey goes through a tunnel of lines and points, a trajectory from the Earth to the moon's surface, where the last Apollo 11 mission landed. The moon doesn't resemble what it looks like from Earth. Now and then, it snows and strong gusts of wind blow. There are active volcanoes... and strange mushrooms in caves.
Spaced Out is composed of two spaces, imitating the experience of a statio port. It creates a sensorial multi-media journey, whose scenography takes into account pratical aspects in order to maintain viewers' immersion in the fictional world. In other words, the experience begins upon entering the site.
The Spaced Out experience, in collaboration with Ballast Technologies, uses their waterproof DiVR acquatic VR headset.
www.spacedout.worldGo to the site
Movies and programs to discover
Film complet à découvrir gratuitement
Apocalypse After de Bertrand Mandico
Ultra Pulpe, une étonnante rêverie érotique où le désir, la fantaisie colorée et les parties du corps s'entremêlent de manière poétique