Like so many other villages undergoing a rural exodus, Riace - a small village situated in the extreme south of Italy - is slowing dying... But in 1998, a boat transporting 300 Kurds washed up on its beach. The spontaneous reaction of Riace's inhabitants, who decided to welcome the migrants be renovating abandoned houses, would profoundly modify its future. Today Riace is considered a model village of welcome by the Citta Futura project.
But now the elections loom, and the opposition (supported by the local mafia) wants to get rid of the left-wing mayor.
Will the inhabitants be able to defend what they've so courageously rebuilt?
Production and distribution (5)
Full credits (10)
- Executive Producer : Laurence Ansquer
- Sound Recordist : Jean-François Priester
- Co-producer : Martine Vidalenc
- Sound Editor : Jean-François Priester
- Grader : Jean-Baptiste Perrin
- Sound Mixer : Stéphane Mercier
- Type : Feature film
- Genres : Documentary
- Sub-genre : Documentary
- Production language : Italian
- Coproducer countries : France, Switzerland, Italy
- Original French-language productions : Yes
- Nationality : Majority French (France, Switzerland, Italy)
- Production year : 2017
- French release : 08/02/2017
- Runtime : 1 h 31 min
- Current status : Released
- Visa number : 139.699
- Approval : Yes
- Color type : Color
- Aspect ratio : 16/9
- Audio format : Dolby 5.1
Box-office & releases
This content is reserved for professional members
Are you a member? Please login to view content.
|Country||Distributor||Buyer||Release date||Titre local|