The Ivory Coast, at the end of the 1970s, in Youpougon, a working class neighborhood in Abidjan, renamed Yop City, to be "like in an American film." 19-year-old Aya lives here. This serious young woman prefers to stay home studying instead of going out with her girlfriends. Aya divides her time between school, her family, and her two best friends, Adjoua and Bintou, who only think of hotfooting it to the bush as soon as night falls. Aya classifies these girls, who always find a way to chase after guys, despite their fathers keeping a close watch over them, as the Series H type: Hairdos, Hot fashions, Husband-hunting.
Things go awry when Adjoua becomes pregnant.
Should she tell her family or see a "woman who removes pregnancies"? When Moussa, Sissoko's son, learns that he's the future father, he is stunned.
How can he announce this terrible news to his father, the great Bonaventure Sissoko, one of the country's richest and most formidable men?
Production and distribution (4)
Full credits (12)
- Assistant Director : David Garcia
- Line Producer : Thomas Cornet
- Screenwriter : Marguerite Abouet
- Voice : Aïssa Maïga, Tatiana Rojo, Tella Kpomahou, Jacky Ido, Emil Abossolo M'Bo, Ériq Ebouaney, Pascal N'Zonzi, Claudia Tagbo, Jean-Baptiste Anoumon, Djedje Apali, Corinne Haccandy
- Press Attaché (film) : Robert Schlockoff
- Sound Editor : Alexandre Fleurant
- Compositor : Jean-François Azzopardi
- Sound Mixer : Nils Fauth
- Type : Feature film
- Genres : Animated film
- Sub-genre : Animated film
- Production language : French
- Production country : France
- Original French-language productions : Yes
- Nationality : 100% French (France)
- Production year : 2009
- French release : 17/07/2013
- Runtime : 1 h 24 min
- Current status : Released
- Visa number : 122.161
- Visa issue date : 26/06/2013
- Approval : Yes
- Color type : Color
- Rating restrictions : None
Box-office & releases
|Country||Distributor||Buyer||Release date||Titre local|