Throughout its history, India has retained a deep sense of sacredness. And Hindu tradition reserves a privileged place for “great souls” (Mahatma), and spiritual masters.
The story of Mata Amritamandamayi is a shining example of this. Born into a family of humble Kerala fishermen, the woman who is affectionately known as Amma (Mother) has today become one of the most important living “masters.” For many people, she is the incarnation of the divine mother. And, according to tradition, she is henceforth considered a saint.
This feature-length documentary is a portrait of this woman and her extraordinary life. It attempts to testify, within the particular context of traditional India, to another way of perceiving the world.
“Darshan,” the film’s title, signifies vision and presence of the self, to see and be seen by God. Practicing Hindus can live or receive a Darshan of a statue of the deities of the temples, a sacred tree, or an icon of a Mahatma. Amma’s particularity is to give the Darshan by holding each person in her arms in a state of peace and joy. Darshan: presence, benediction, transmission, the power to listen, to help.
Production and distribution (6)
Full credits (10)
- Executive Producer : Manuel Collas de la Roche
- Sound Recordist : Alain Féat
- Director of Photography : Sébastien Pentecouteau
- Editor : Anny Danché
- Sound Editor : Alain Féat
- Sound mixer : Anne Le Campion
- Type : Feature film
- Genres : Documentary
- Sub-genre : Portrait
- Production language : French, Hindi, English
- Coproducer countries : France, Germany
- Original French-language productions : Unspecified
- Nationality : Majority French (France, Germany)
- Production year : 2005
- French release : 30/11/2005
- Runtime : 1 h 30 min
- Current status : Released
- Visa number : 109.394
- Visa issue date : 12/10/2005
- Approval : Yes
- Production formats : 35mm
- Color type : Color
- Aspect ratio : 1.85
- Audio format : Dolby SRD
Box-office & releases
This content is reserved for professional members
Are you a member? Please login to view content.
|Country||Distributor||Buyer||Release date||Titre local|