Associates in an architectural firm, Bernard and Adrien lead such different lives that no rivalry would ever interfere with the complicity that unites them.
Bernard’s existence is paced to the joys and responsabilities of being a father of a model family, whereas Adrien’s attractively disordered one is improvised day by day. The harmonious understanding between the two men is put into question the day that Adrien, who must attend his club’s monthly dinner, can’t make it to his friend’s fortieth birthday.
Hurt without knowing exactly why or for what, Bernard tries to learn more about this club – that he didn’t know existed and which doesn’t fit his notion of Adrien. However, the more Bernard tries to penetrate the laughable mystery of this club, the more Adrien hides, annoyed by his friend’s uncalled-for possessiveness. The more Adrien hides, the more Bernard persists, and the deeper the hurt grows.
Wounded and feeling excluded from Adrien’s life, which he now envies with a passion, Bernard’s curiosity becomes an obsession. Nothing else matters apart from this one nagging question: what does he need to become a member of his friend’s club?
What does he need?
Production and distribution (4)
Full credits (19)
- Executive Producer : Patrick Godeau
- Assistant Director : Jerôme Dassier
- Author of original work : Fabrice Roger-Lacan
- Director of Photography : Laurent Machuel
- Sound Assistant : Laurent Bluwal
- Production Manager : Claude Parnet
- Editor : Marco Cavé
- Continuity supervisor : Françoise Thouvenot
- Production Designer : François Emmanuelli
- Music Composer : Nicolas Errera
- Casting : Antoine Poulet
- Costume designer : Anne Schotte
- Grader : Christophe Bousquet
- Sound Mixer : Nicolas Naegelen
- Location Manager : Richard Nataf
- Type : Feature film
- Genres : Fiction
- Production language : French
- Production country : France
- Original French-language productions : Unspecified
- Nationality : 100% French (France)
- Production year : 2002
- French release : 03/07/2002
- Runtime : 1 h 25 min
- Current status : Released
- Visa number : 104.228
- Visa issue date : 01/07/2002
- Approval : Yes
- Production formats : 35mm
- Color type : Color
- Aspect ratio : 1.85
- Audio format : Dolby SRD
Box-office & releases
|Country||Distributor||Buyer||Release date||Titre local|