Festivals & events
24 April 2013 à 10:57
2013 Cannes Film Festival: ACID selects nine films
The Association for the Diffusion of Independent Cinema will propose nine films from May 16 through 25 at Cannes.
The program will then screen from September 27 through 29 at the Nouveau Latina cinema in Paris, followed by sessions in thirty theaters in the Ile-de-France and other regions.
In keeping with tradition, the ACID invites us to go to the movies in Cannes during the festival and offers a selection of features, fiction and documentary combined, chosen by its members. This year, nine films will be offered to the public thronging the Croisette.
"The changeover is truly there, however, in its desire for cinema, hugely pleasurable propositions offer a new take on comedy and romance, politics and its battles, as well as different perspectives on our societies," the ACID's filmmakers note.
They go on to say: "A filmmaker in his father's tomb, a poet in a swan pedalo, an Afghan in love, a normally criminal family, a nostalgic person who is awaiting a fresh start through love, the forgotten people of a ghost town, a ghost in love, a loved one lost in the crowd, a crowd lost in individual blindness, once again this year, through enhanced reality, the superposing of reality and its most clear-cut refusal, the perception of so many worlds are on show to finally only talk about one: ours."
The films on the 2013 ACID program:
- 2 Autumns, 3 Winters by Sébastien Betbeder (France, 2013, fiction, 90 mins, world premiere)
- Au bord du monde by Claus Drexel (France, 2013, documentary, 98 mins, world premiere)
- La bataille de Solférino by Justine Triet (France, 2013, fiction, 94 mins, debut feature, world premiere)
- Braddock America bye Jean-Loïc Portron and Gabriella Kessler (France, 2012, documentary, 100 mins, debut feature, world premiere)
- C'est eux les chiens... by Hicham Lasri (Morocco, 2013, fiction, 85 mins, world premiere)
- Ô heureux jours! by Dominique Cabrera (France, 2013, documentary, 93 mins)
- Swandown by Andrew Kötting (England, 2013, documentary, 94 mins)
- The Strange Little Cat by Ramon Zürcher (Germany, 2013, fiction, 72 mins, debut feature, French premiere)
- Wajma (An Afghan Love Story) by Barmak Akram (France/Afghanistan, 2013, fiction, 85 mins, French premiere).
Latest update : 16 May 2013 à 10:57 CEST