One summer night, Claire, 19, is attacked and raped. The violence of the attack destroys her world: physical expression is denied, desire is dead, words say the opposite of what they mean.
Claire can’t bring herself to talk about the incident and is torn apart by the secret she’s buried deep inside herself. Words can no longer express who she is and she hides from herself and the world.
She experiments, trying to prove to herself that she’s still alive, steeps herself in booze and sex, searching for a spark.
These clashes with others and herself give her the strength to live, speak out. She discovers a new meaning to desire.
No matter what happens, life is the thing.
Production and distribution (3)
Full credits (17)
- Executive Producer : Raymond Blumenthal
- Assistant Director : Patrick Roques
- Adaptation : Antoine Lacomblez
- Screenwriter : Sandrine Ray
- Director of Photography : Olivier Cocaul
- Press Attaché (film) : Laurette Monconduit
- Editor : Pascale Chavance
- Sound Editor : Pascal Latil
- Continuity supervisor : Anna Zenowicz
- Production Designer : Carlos Conti
- Music Composer : Romaric Laurence
- Casting : Gérard Moulevrier
- Costume designer : Hadjira Ben-Rahou
- Sound Mixer : Joël Rangon
- Still Photographer : Jean-Claude Lother
- Type : Feature film
- Genres : Fiction
- Sub-genre : Drama
- Production language : French
- Production country : France
- Original French-language productions : Unspecified
- Nationality : 100% French (France)
- Production year : 2002
- French release : 27/02/2002
- Runtime : 1 h 38 min
- Current status : Released
- Visa number : 91.804
- Visa issue date : 11/12/2001
- Approval : Yes
- Production formats : 35mm
- Color type : Color
Box-office & releases
|Country||Distributor||Buyer||Release date||Titre local|