gets a new look !
29 May 2006 à 13:02
French films are honored at the 59th Cannes Film Festival with the Grand Jury Prize awarded to "Flanders" by Bruno Dumont (3B Productions) and the Best Actor award presented collectively to the 5 leading actors from "Indigènes" ("Days of Glory") by Rachid Bouchareb: Jamel Debbouze, Samy Naceri, Sami Bouajila, Roschdy Zem, and Bernard Blancan.
Complete Awards List:
- Palme d'Or: "The Wind that Shakes the Barley" by Ken Loach
- Grand Jury Prize: "Flanders" by Bruno Dumont
- Best Screenplay: Pedro Almodovar for "Volver"
- Best Direction: "Babel" by Alejandro González Iñárritu
- Best Actor: Collectively awarded to Jamel Debbouze, Samy Naceri, Sami Bouajila, Roschdy Zem, and Bernard Blancan for "Indigènes" ("Days of Glory") by Rachid Bouchareb
- Best Actress: Collectively awarded to Penelope Cruz, Carmen Maura, Lola Dueñas, Chus Lampreave, Yohana Cobo, and Blanca Portillo for "Volver" by Pedro Almodóvar
- Jury Prize: "Red Road" by Andrea Arnold
- Palme d'Or for Best Short Film: "Sniffer" by Bobbie Peers, and a Special Mention for "Conte de Quartier" by Florence Miailhe
- Camera d'Or: "12:08 East Bucharest" by Corneliu Porumboiu
Un Certain Regard Awards:
- "Luxury Car" by Wang Chao
- Un Certain Regard Best Actor/Actress Award: jointly presented to Dorotheea Petre for her role in "The Way I Spent the End of the World" by Romanian director Catalin Mitulescu and Don Angel Tavira for his performance in "El Violin" by Francisco Vargas (Mexico).
- Un Certain Regard Jury President's Award: "Meurtrières" ("Murderers") by Patrick Grandperret (France).
- 25th Youth Prize: "Bled Number One" by Rabah Ameur-Zaïmeche
- Ecumenical Jury Prize: "Babel" by Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu
- The Jury awarded a Special Mention to "Z Odzysku" ("Retrieval") by Slawomir Fabicki
- Carosse d'Or Award from the Film Directors' Guild: David Cronenberg
- Norman McLaren Prize: the filmmaker Bobbie Peers for "Sniffer"
- 2006 France Culture Cinéma Prize: Alain Cavalier
- France Musique Prize for Best Original Motion Picture Soundtrack: Alberto Iglesias for "The Constant Gardener" by Fernando Meirelles
- The UCMF Film Music Prize was given to Johan Soderqvist for "Brothers" by Susanne Bier.
- Regard Jeune Prize for Best Feature Film (1st or 2nd film): "Day Night Day Night" by Julia Loktev
- CICAE Art & Essai Prize – "Along the Ridge" by Kim Rossi Stuart
- Label Europa Cinéma Award for Best European Film at the Directors' Fortnight: "12:08 East Bucharest" by Corneliu Porumboiu
- SACD Award for Best French-language Short Film: "Dans le Rang" by Cyprien Vial
- Gras Savoye Award for Best Director of a French Short Film: "Un Rat" by Bosilka Simonovitch
- François Chalais Award: "Indigènes" ("Days of Glory") by Rachid Bouchareb
- National Education Award: "Marie Antoinette" by Sofia Coppola
International Critics' Week:
Grand Prix for "Les Amitiés maléfiques" ("Poison Friends")
The second feature by the French filmmaker Emmanuel Bourdieu, "Les Amitiés maléfiques" ("Poison Friends") scooped up both the Grand Prix and the "Grand Rail d’Or" at the 45th International Critics' Week.
Complete Awards List:
- Grand Prix: "Les Amitiés maléfiques" ("Poison Friends") by Emmanuel Bourdieu (France)
- SACD Award: "Pingpong" by Matthias Luthardt (Germany) and "Les Amitiés maléfiques" ("Poison Friends") by Emmanuel Bourdieu (France)
- ACID Award: "The Bothersome Man" by Jens Lien (Norway)
- Grand Rail d’Or for Best Short Film: "Les Amitiés maléfiques" ("Poison Friends") by Emmanuel Bourdieu (France)
- Canal + Award for Best Short Film: "Kristall" by Christoph Girardet & Matthias Müller (Germany)
- Kodak Short Film Discovery Award: "Printed Rainbow" by Gitanjali Rao (India)
- Grand Cru Screenplay Award: "Alguma Coisa Assim" by Esmir Filho (Brazil)
- OFAJ Very Young Critics' Award: "Printed Rainbow" by Gitanjali Rao (India)/ "Iron" by Hiroyuki Nakano (Japan)
- Rail d’Or Award: "Printed Rainbow" by Gitanjali Rao (India)
- Cinéfondation 1st Prize: "Ge & Zeta" by Gustavo Riet (Universidad del Cine, Argentina)
- Coup de Cœur Gras Savoye Unifrance Short Film Award: "Les Princesses de la Piste" ("Painting the Town Red") by Marie Hélia
Latest update : 23 April 2009 à 13:02 CEST