02 August 2008 à 13:02
Unifrance takes French films around the world - July 2008
Recap of the month of July, 2008
The French Cinema Festival in Quebec, held as part of Quebec City’s 400th anniversary celebrations, closed at the end of July.
In July, Unifrance assisted the presence of French actors and directors and their films at 2 international feature film festivals: the 2008 Karlovy Vary International Film Festival and the 2008 Melbourne International Film Festival.
Unifrance also provided support for the presence of 2 artists and 26 films at 4 short film festivals: the 2008 Giffoni International Children’s and Youth Film Festival, the Melbourne International Film Festival, the 2008 Montecatini FilmVideo International Short Film Festival, and the 2008 Vila do Conde International Short Film Festival.
Vila do Conde International Short Film Festival (Short films):
Les Paradis perdus by Hélies Cisterne: RTP2/Onda Curta Award
Unifrance Support for Commercial Release
Unifrance provided support for the release of 5 films in international territories through travel grants offered to 7 French artists:
- Dany Boon for the release of Bienvenue chez les Ch’tis (Welcome to the Sticks) in Quebec
- Jean Becker and Marie-Josée Croze for the release of Deux jours à tuer (Love Me No More) in Quebec
- Jean-Paul Salomé for the release of Les Femmes de l’ombre (Female Agents) in Australia
- Abdellatif Kechiche and Hafsia Herzi for the release of La Graine et le mulet (The Secret of the Grain) in Quebec
- Grégoire Colin for the release of Le Tueur in Quebec
Latest update : 23 April 2009 à 13:02 CEST