Festivals & events
01 August 2002 à 13:02
Locarno: 55th time around!
The 55th Locarno International Film Festival, graced with full-scale promotion this year, opened its doors today (held from August 1st through 11th). French films make their presence felt in the line-up, including 5 films in competition (of the 22 films presented).
This year, the Jury President is Cédomir Kolar, with jury members Bruno Ganz, Aamir Khan, Emanuel Levy, Jafar Panahi, Niloufar Pazira and Bela Tarr.
In Official Competition and presented in World Previews:
* "Aime ton père," the new, eagerly awaited film by Jacob Berger, which brings together for the first time on the big screen Gérard Depardieu and his son Guillaume Depardieu, co-starring with Sylvie Testud. The film was produced by Jean-Pierre Guerrin for GMT Productions, with international sales handled by Président Films.
* "La Cage" by Alain Raoust, starring Caroline Ducey, Roger Souza and Sophie Quinton, produced by Paulo Branco (Gemini Films).
* "Ma vraie vie à Rouen" directed by Olivier Ducastel and Jacques Martineau, uniting the talents of Ariane Ascaride, Jimmy Tavares, Jonathan Zaccaï and Hélène Surgères. The film was produced by Nicolas Blanc (Agat Films & Cie), with international sales handled by FPI - Flach Pyramide International.
* "René" by Alain Cavalier, running time: 85 mins.
* "Meisje/Fille" by Dorothée Van den Berghe, France/Netherlands/Belgium, 94 mins.
* "Corto Maltese" by Pascal Morelli (produced by Ellipsanime, International Sales: StudioCanal)
* "L’ Idole" directed by Samantha Lang, starring Leelee Sobieski, James Hong, Jean-Paul Roussillon, Jalil Lespert, Jany Gastaldi, Liliane Montevecchi, Liliane Rovère and Marie Loboda. The film was produced by Olivier Delbosc and Marc Missonnier (Fidélité Productions with international sales handled by TF1 International.
* "Novo" by Jean-Pierre Limosin, starring Anna Mouglalis, Eduardo Noriega, Eric Caravaca, Nathalie Richard and Paz Vega, produced by Lumen Films, with international sales handled by Celluloid Dreams.
* "The Importance of Being Earnest" by Oliver Parker, GB/France/USA, 94 mins.
* "Un Nouveau Russe" by Pavel Longuine, France/Russia/Germany, 125 mins.
Filmmakers of the Present:
* "Le Bruit, l'odeur et quelques étoiles" by Eric Pittard, bringing together the Zebda group (Richard Copans for Les Films d'Ici).
* "Royal bonbon," directed by Charles Najman, starring Dominique Battraville, Benji, Erol Josué and Anne-Louise Mesadieu (Cyriac Auriol for Les Films du Requin).
* "Après le trou" by Antonio Llorens Sanchis, France/Spain, 80 mins.
* "Etrangère" by Danielle Arbid, Lebanon/ France, 46 mins.
* "Les Guerriers de la beauté" (71 mins) and "Lost Paradise" (33 mins.) by Pierre Coulibeuf, France.
* "Hoover Street Revival" by Sophie Fiennes, GB/ France, 101 mins.
* "L’Impatience" by Antoine Fuma, France, 20 mins.
* "Les Jours où je n’existe pas" by Jean-Charles Fitoussi, France, 110 mins.
* "Keep in Touch" by Jean-Jacques Rousseau, France, 25 mins.
* "My room le grand canal" by Anne-Sophie Barbant and Pierre Gerbaux, France, 32 mins.
* "Nikita’s Kino" by Vivian Ostrovski, France/ USA, 40 mins.
* "Yönden" by Marie Jaoul de Poncheville, France, 90 mins.
Latest update : 23 April 2009 à 13:02 CEST