15 September 2022 à 14:21
Unifrance Rendez-vous in Biarritz: Positive results and a welcome return of personal attendance!
More than 250 buyers travelled from 47 countries, including faraway nations like Japan and Australia, for this first post-pandemic, in-person edition of the Unifrance Rendez-Vous in Biarritz. The 28th edition was an incredible experience for both members and international buyers alike. Being able to finally gather in Biarritz was an undeniable asset after two years of physical separation and virtual communication. It was extremely beneficial for all involved to be back together again to share emotional experiences and to discuss French audiovisual content in the very best possible work environment in which to promote them.
The series "Diane de Poitiers", directed by Josée Dayan rose to the head of the class in the Unifrance Screening Room, a promising new tool that allows for a more fluid viewing experience for buyers, while also providing contextual information for the programmes. Drawing on the editorialisation of content, this new viewing platform gives each exhibitor the ability to shine a spotlight on one of their flagship programmes by creating a highlight, which is given greater visibility on the website’s home page. Currently under development, additional functionalities will make this new tool even more efficient in terms of collecting statistical data, notably for distributors, as well as making it easier for buyers to run searches. Unifrance is delighted to be able to make this new tool available to professionals from both sectors, and will be adapting it for all of its upcoming events, markets, and festivals over the course of the coming months.
“France tv distribution is proud of the relaunch of the Unifrance Rendez-vous in Biarritz, in style, under the sun, with a selection of programmes that displayed amazing diversity and creativity. It was the perfect opportunity to preview the France Télévisions series Diane de Poitiers with a special screening and gala dinner in the presence of the film’s artistic team.”
Catherine Bernard, Deputy Chief Executive, France tv distribution
Daniela Elstner, Josée Dayan, Isabelle Adjani, Hugo Becker, and Virginie Ledoyen ©Photomobile/Unifrance
By the end of the event, over 3,000 visits to the new Unifrance Screening Room had been recorded, generating 4,200 viewings of over 1,250 different programmes, for a total viewing time of 460 hours.
Top 5 Views
TOP 5 DRAMA
- "The King’s favorite" – France tv distribution/Passion Films
- "Pacific Criminal" – Film & Picture/Terence Films
- "The Best of Us" – About Premium Content/Quad Drama & TS Productions
- "Elle’s Kitchen" – Have A Good One/Cinétévé
- "Judge Marianne, One of a Kind!" – France tv distribution/Ryoan
TOP 5 DOCUMENTARY
- "Nature in Symbiosis" – GAD/Antipode
- "Europe Revealed" – Point du Jour International/Clin d’œil films
- "The Sect" – Fédération International/What’s Up Films
- "The Great Toilet Battle" – Andana Films/Quark Productions
- "The Wonders of Europe" – Studiocanal/Chengyu Prod
TOP 5 ANIMATION
- "50/50 Heroes" – Cyber Group Studios
- "Tara Duncan" – Princess Sam Pictures
- "Edmond & Lucy" – MIAM! Distribution/MIAM! Animation
- "Anna & Friends" – Superights/Superprod
- "Simon Super Rabbit" – GO-N International/Go-N Productions
Exclusive Content to Unifrance
As part of its strategy of bolstering support for the surge of its own content, teams at Unifrance have made a series of video capsules available on its channels and social media platforms, which can be accessed here. This includes the press conference announcing the 2021 export figures for French audiovisual content, which was filmed and broadcast live around the world from the Unifrance Rendez-vous in Biarritz.
The next edition of the Unifrance Rendez-vous in Biarritz
will be held from 3-7 September 2023.
Latest update : 27 September 2022 à 14:21 CEST