Festivals & events
01 August 2022 à 15:21
International press roundup for French animation: summer 2022
French animation productions continued to be the subject of articles in the international press in recent months, both in general and specialized media. Variety, for example, reported on the CNC study presented at the Annecy International Animation Film Festival and noted: "French Animation Alive and Kicking at Home and Abroad."
In terms of feature films and shorts, the press focused on several titles at the time of their theatrical release or during their selections at festivals, particularly at the Annecy event:
- Flee, which released in Colombia in June, was the subject of a long article inTiempo de Cine magazine.
- Yuku and the Flower of the Himalayas, the new film by Arnaud Demuynck, featured in Animación para adultos: "The aesthetic is beautiful and the music is a delight."
- CartoonBrew announced the online debut of the multi-awarded and 2021 Oscar-nominated short, Genius Loci by Adrien Merigeau among the "Staff Picks" on Vimeo.
- The Black Pharaoh, the Savage and the Princess, the new film by Michel Ocelot, attracted international buyers present at Annecy, as reported by Variety.
- Variety took a look at Michel Hazanavicius's next project, an animation film entitled The Most Precious of Cargoes presented at a Work In Progress session at the Annecy Festival.
- ScreenDaily reviewed Nayola at Annecy, where it was selected in Competition: "A stunning feature animation debut."
- Terra Incognita, a short film awarded at Annecy 2022, is "an excellent film from all points of view" Animación para Adultos reported.
- Variety focused on Chicken for Linda!, the next film by Chiara Malta and Sébastien Laudenbach, presented at a Work in Progress session at Annecy.
- The director and composer Pierre Földes received accolades in ScreenDaily for his debut feature Blind Willows, Sleeping Woman, awarded a Jury Distinction at Annecy.
- The Heart and the Dancer by Pierre Le Couviour and Amine El Ouart, featured among the five pitches that caught CartoonBrew's eye among those presented at Annecy.
- Animation Magazine published an interview with the director Alberto Vázquez and focused on his film Unicorn Wars, in Competition at Annecy.
In terms of television productions, the media mainly conveyed news about sales of French television programs around the world.
- SeñalNews announced the expansion of the Simon series in Asia, including the acquisition of the first three seasons by the Chinese public channel CCTV6.
- Animation Magazine reported on the many international sales for the second season of Gus, the Itsy Bitsy Knight after a first season presented in over 100 territories and translated into 21 languages.
- The preschool series Mush-Mush & the Mushables continued its fine international career: c21media highlighted the acquisition of season one by the free British channel Tiny Pop (the season has already been broadcast in more than 150 territories), and Warner Bros. Discovery joined Canal+, VRT-Ketnet, RTBF, and RTS in broadcasting season two, as reported by Animation Magazine.
- SeñalNews reported that Molang continued to appeal to very young audiences around the world, especially in Italy where season five is being broadcast on Rai Yoyo.
- Worldscreen announced the arrival of Squish, a series focused on charming mircoorganisms, in the United Kingdom, on the POP channel.
- Tbivision indicated that Shasha & Milo, a coproduction between Zodiak Kids and Family in France and Pingo Entertainment in South Korea, will be broadcast on the Chinese platform Tencent Video.
- Animation Magazine highlighted the Akissi television special, adapted from the eponymous cartoon by Marguerite Abouet and Mathieu Sapin, which premiered on Boomerang Africa in mid-June.
- c21media took a look at the acquisition of the preschool Mumfie series by ITV, Cartoonito, AMC and SVT.
Latest update : 01 August 2022 à 15:21 CEST
Linked to this news article
Linked films and programs (10)
Blind Willows, Sleeping Woman
Chicken for Linda!
(2022 - In production)
The Black Pharaoh, the Savage and the Princess
The Most Precious of Cargoes
(2022 - In production)
Yuku and the Flower of the Himalayas
Linked individuals (10)
Sorry, your search returned no results.