News in brief
30 September 2019 à 17:17
Alice Winocour and the Toledano/Nakache duo take away awards at San Sebastian
Three French films and four minority coproductions won awards at the San Sebastian International Film Festival, including the prestigious Special Jury Prize for Proxima by Alice Winocour, and the Audience Award for The Specials by Olivier Nakache and Éric Toledano.
The official Competition Jury, presided over by filmmaker Neil Jordan, announced the awards of the 67th edition during the closing night, which took place on Saturday, September 28. Two French films were selected for Competition: Proxima by Alice Winocour and Thalasso by Guillaume Nicloux.
All the French films awarded at the 67th San Sebastian International Film Festival
- Special Jury Prize: Proxima by Alice Winocour
- SIGNIS Award: Proxima by Alice Winocour
- Audience Award: The Specials by Olivier Nakache & Éric Toledano
- Zabaltegi - Tabakalera, Special Mention: Isadora's Children de Damien Manivel
- Silver Shell for Best Director: Jon Garaño, Jose Mari Goenaga & Aitor Arregi for The Endless Trench (French coproduction: Manny Films)
- Silver Shell for Best Actress: Nina Hoss for The Audition by Ina Weisse
- Audience Award for Best European Film: Sorry We Missed You by Ken Loach (French coproduction: Arte France Cinéma, Why Not Productions)
- Jury Prize for Best Screenplay: Luiso Berdejo & Jose Mari Goenaga for The Endless Trench
- TVE Otra Mirada Award: Let It Be Law by Juan Solanas (French coproduction: Les Films du Sud)
- Ateneo Guipuzcoano Award: The Audition by Ina Weisse (French coproduction: Idéale Audience)
- Irizar Basque Film Award: The Endless Trench
- Spanish Cooperation Award: Our Mothers by César Díaz (French coproduction: Perspective Films)
- Award to the Best Basque Screenplay: Luiso Berdejo, Jose Mari Goenaga for The Endless Trench
- Zinemaldia FEROZ Award: The Endless Trench
- FIPRESCI Award: The Endless Trench
You can find all the awards here.
Latest update : 30 September 2019 à 17:17 CEST