Festivals & events
25 September 2015 à 10:18
53rd New York Film Festival opens its doors
The New York Film Festival (NYFF), produced by the Film at Lincoln Center, continues to be a veritable institution in the movie scene. Festivities this year began on September 25, with two weeks of movie immersion scheduled in the presence of French talents including Michel Gondry, Thomas Bidegain, Arnaud Desplechin, Clotilde Courau, and Finnegan Oldfield.
Two master classes are programmed as part of the event, the first led by Thomas Bidegain on October 1 at the Columbia University School of Arts and the second led by Michel Gondry on October 5 at Fordham University. Michel Gondry will also take part in a HBO Directors Dialogue held at the Lincoln Center Campus.
Feature films selected at the festival:
- In the Shadow of Women by Philippe Garrel
- The Measure of a Man by Stéphane Brizé
- Le Trésor by Corneliu Porumboiu
- Cowboys by Thomas Bidegain
- Microbe and Gasoline by Michel Gondry
- My Golden Days by Arnaud Desplechin
Short films selected:
- Black Code/Code Noir by Louis Henderson
- The Edge by Simon Saulnier
- The Devastated Land by Emmanuel Lefrant
- Occident by Ana Vaz
A tribute to Marcel Ophüls was held on September 27, with the screening of his documentary Memory of Justice.
All further information about the festival can be found on its official website.
Latest update : 01 October 2015 à 10:18 CEST