Festivals & events
17 August 2015 à 10:47
French films receive awards at the Locarno Film Festival
Five French (co)productions were awarded at the 68th Locarno Film Festival, which closed Saturday August 15.
Korean director Hong Sang-soo won the Golden Leopard for Best Film with Right Now, Wrong Then, at the prestigious Swiss film festival, which celebrated its sixty-eighth edition this year.
Several French films or coproductions received awards.
- Best Direction: Andrzej Zulawski for Cosmos (France, Portugal)
- Variety Piazza Grande Award: Summertime by Catherine Corsini
- Special Jury Prize (Filmmakers of the Present): Dead Slow Ahead by Mauro Herce (Spain, France)
- FIPRESCI Award : Suite Armoricaine, by Pascale Breton
- Label Cinéma Europa Award : Keeper, by Guillaume Senez
In the Leopards of Tomorrow section
- Silver Leopard SRG SSR (International Competition): Impression of a War by Camilo Restrepo (France, Colombia) - short film
- Locarno nomination for the European Film Awards - Premio Pianifica: Fils du loup by Lola Quivoron - short film
In the National Competition section
- Swiss Life Silver Leopard: D'ombres et d'ailes by Elice Meng & Eleonora Marinoni (Switzerland, France) - short film
The full awards list can be found here.
Latest update : 31 August 2015 à 10:47 CEST