Festivals & events
03 July 2015 à 11:43
French films at the Odessa International Film Festival
The city of Odessa, capital of Ukraine's southern region of Odessa, will be hosting its 6th International Film Festival from July 10 through 18, 2015, with a program featuring a strong French presence.
Eight French productions and co-productions will be showcased at the 2015 edition of the Odessa International Film Festival. This festival is relatively new on the scene, having been founded in 2010, but it has set its sights on becoming a key event in Eastern Europe in coming years. It offers a competition section with the top prize named the Golden Duke, as well as a number of non-competitive sections.
The French selection in 2015
- Reality by Quentin Dupieux (opening film)
- Astragalus by Brigitte Sy (in competition)
- Mustang by Deniz Gamze Ergüven (co-production) (in competition)
- Diary of a Chambermaid by Benoit Jacquot (Gala Premieres)
- Love by Gaspar Noé (Gala Premieres)
- My Mother by Nanni Moretti (co-production) (Gala Premieres)
- The Lobster by Yorgos Lanthimos (co-production) (Festival of Festivals)
- The Pearl Button by Patricio Guzman (co-production) (Way to Freedom)
French guests at the festival
- Jeanne Labrune, president of the international jury
- Laurence Herzberg (director of the Forum des Images in Paris), member of the Ukrainian Competition jury
- Thierry Frémaux (Lumière! screening + master class)
- Maelle Arnaud (Lumière Institute)
- Brigitte Sy and Esther Garrel (to accompany Astragalus)
- Nawid Sarem (Work in Progress jury)
- Julien Ezanno (Industry Section)
Click here to visit the festival's website.
Latest update : 30 July 2015 à 11:43 CEST
Linked to this news article
Linked films (8)
Linked individuals (12)
Deniz Gamze Ergüven
Sorry, your search returned no results.