At Close Range is a series of videos shot with a handheld 5D camera.
Will I know how to hold the 5D in my hands – this outsized camera for a selfie – to maintain this face-to-face encounter, when I'm holding my mother's hands?
Meanwhile, I follow to the word Phénoménologie de la vie by Michel Henry in an attempt, still stunned, of applying to the image a bequest that would border on immanence.
In this construction, you have to start somewhere. Where to begin, as François Verret would say. Therefore, why not with my mother at the edges, in the images that say nothing isn't already known, but in which cinema is projected at full throttle.
- Type : Short film
- Genres : Fiction, Documentary, Experimental
- Sub-genre : Research - Experimental, Video art
- Themes : Cinema, Philosophy, Illness
- Production language : French
- Production country : France
- Original French-language productions : Unspecified
- Nationality : 100% French (France)
- Production year : 2015
- Runtime : 8 min 27 seconds
- Production formats : Photographic camera
- Color type : Color
- Aspect ratio : 1.77
- Audio format : Stereo
- Rating restrictions : None