Festivals & events
17 February 2004 à 13:02
Berlin: Award winners
Numerous French films were selected at the recent Berlin International Film Festival (February 5-15), both in the Official Competition as well as in the many parallel sections, which are well attended by young audiences with an eager appetite for all film genres.
In addition to the inclusion of three French films in the Official Competition - "Triple Agent" by Eric Rohmer, "Confidences trop intimes" ("Intimate Strangers") by Patrice Leconte and "Feux rouges" ("Red Lights") by Cédric Kahn) - French cinema was honored with the following awards in the Panorama and Forum Sections:
* Forum Section/Ecumenical Jury Prize for "Folle embellie" ("A Wonderful Spell") by Dominique Cabrera
* Panorama Section/Manfred Salzgeber Prize and the Teddy 2004 for Best Feature Film for "Wild Side" by Sébastien Lifshitz (one of the festival's most prestigious awards, accompanied by a cash prize valued at 3,000 euros)
* Panorama Short Film Section/Special Mention for "Le Garde du corps" ("Bodyguard") by Sandrine Dumas
* Kinderfilmfest Section (Official Competition)/Jury Special Mention for "La Prophétie des grenouilles" ("Raining Cats and Frogs") by Jacques-Rémy Girerd
* Official Competition/Berliner Morgenpost Readers' Prize for "25 degrés en hiver" ("25 Degrees in Winter") by Stéphane Vuillet.
For all further information contact:
Latest update : 23 April 2009 à 13:02 CEST