Studies & Market Reports
05 October 2022 à 17:53
Unifrance presents the 20th Franco-German Film Meetings
Unifrance, German Films and the Académie Franco-Allemande du Cinéma are organizing the Franco-German Film Meetings (November 23-25) in partnership with the CNC, FFA, ARTE France, Arte GEIE, Institut Français - Germany , Office Franco-Allemand pour la Jeunesse (OFAJ), and with support from the PROCIREP.150 French and German professionals from the film production, distribution, and exhibition sector, and institutional networks are expected to attend.
In order to create synergies, the 20th edition of the Franco-German Film Meetings will be coupled for the first time with the Berlin French Film Week (November 24-30), and participants will be invited to the opening night of the festival, on November 24, at Kino International.
At the same time, the Franco-German Film Meetings will continue the renewal of its format and content that began last year. The 2022 edition will open with a debate between the FFA, le CNC, and Medienboard Berlin-Brandenburg, on the future of the film industry, and will close with a collaborative work session during which all the participants of the event will exchange on their respective approaches to solve the most urgent or prevalent problems for the production sector.
These two moments will serve as sidebars to the other discussions, interventions, and working groups that will make up these Meetings. This kaleidoscopic structure will offer a diversified perspective, oriented towards solutions and the future of film production in Germany, France, and Europe.
The following topics will be addressed:
- an overview of distribution and exhibition in Germany and France;
- the international financing of feature films based on a practical case (the film Holy Spider, in Competition at Cannes 2022);
- the production and distribution of audiovisual works, with another case study on the series The World of Tomorrow;
- A status report after one year of investment obligation for VOD platforms in France and the perspectives in Germany;
- the challenges facing a producer starting out today;
- the use of virtual production;
- (in)formal production company networks as a model for international cooperation;
- the presentation of technological applications for producers;
- Four working groups in smaller groups for an exchange of views and experiences.
Finally, in partnership with the OFAJ/DFJW (Franco-German Office for Youth), an exchange will be organized for the first time between French and German students and several of the producers and distributors present. The latter will present their professions to the students and answer their questions in this special setting.
The pre-registration phase is open!
If you are interested in participating in the Franco-German Film Meetings, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will send you all the necessary information concerning the application.
Please note that this registration phase will close on October 19.
Although this year's Meetings will be held under more flexible conditions than in 2021, please note that the maximum number of participants has been set at 150. Please also note that we are not organizing a coproduction market, but that it will be possible for you to put forward a project for which you are seeking a partner across the Rhine
Latest update : 06 October 2022 à 17:53 CEST