News in brief
08 October 2020 à 14:57
Franco-German Film Meetings 2020
For this 18th edition of the event, and for the first time, the Franco-German Film Meetings, organized by Unifrance, the Franco-German Film Academy, and German Films, will be held entirely online from November 17 through 19, 2020. Attendance at this event is free of charge and by invitation only.
Every year since 2003, the Franco-German Film Meetings have brought together movie sector professionals from both countries to discuss shared concerns and common dynamics in their respective industries. This event is hosted by Unifrance, German Films, and the Franco-German Film Academy in partnership with the CNC and the FFA.
This year's keynote speeches and roundtables will tackle current issues including the distribution and exhibition landscapes during the Covid-19 pandemic, and the future prospects for Europe regarding the regulation of SVOD services. Also on the program will be the presentation of the Franco-German Film Academy Prize and reports from four working groups, whose results will be announced during the event.
Overview of the 2020 program:
- Keynote speech: Presentation of the Nostradamus Report by Johanna Koljonen
- Roundtable: Distribution and exhibition in the time of Covid-19: Toward a new normal?
- Discussion: The Regulation of SVOD Platforms: Where is the common ground?
- The four working groups: #1 Green producing: Will the future be green? #2 Film shoots in the time of Covid-19: Health measures and their impact. #3 Toward a revival of national production industries? What is the future for international coproductions? #4 From the production of feature films to that of works for the TV and VOD markets: How to ensure producers' independence in the years to come?
- Presentation of the second Franco-German Film Academy Prize (following the first prize awarded to Mia Hansen-Løve in 2019).
At the Coproduction Market, selected feature film and documentary projects will be pitched during a day of meetings scheduled for November 17, 2020. This coproduction market gives French and German producers the opportunity to present their projects in development with the aim of securing a financing partner or co-production partner. Please note that the Call for Projects closes on October 16, 2020.
For further information and to request attendance at this event, please contact Cassandre Dessarts:
Latest update : 17 November 2020 à 14:57 CET