The Competition, a documentary about the La Fémis film school in Paris, will be released in the USA on February 22 by The Metrograph. An opportunity for director Claire Simon to make a major tour of the United States to introduce her film, from February 18 through March 8, 2019.
UniFrance is providing support to the release of Claire Simon's film The Competition in the United States, distributed by The Metrograph. This is the first film release handled by this New York cinema that specialized in arthouse films, and which offers a significant part of its program to French films.
Claire Simon is currently embarked on a major tour across the United States to accompany her film's release and meet with audiences at many movie theaters and festivals, with whom she will discuss the competition that the film documents, which is the entrance exam at La fémis, of the world's most prestigious film schools.
- February 18: Loyola University, New Orleans—Masterclass with Jolene Pinder
- February 18: New Orleans French Film Festival—Q&A with Samara Grace Chadwick
- February 21: The New School, New York—Masterclass with Pacho Velez
- February 22: Metrograph, New York—Q&A with Sierra Pettengill
- February 23: Metrograph, New York—Q&A
- February 24: Providence French Film Festival—Q&A with David Wills
- February 25: DocYard at the Brattle, Cambridge—Q&A with Ross McElwee
- March 2: Gene Siskel Film Center, Chicago—Q&A
- March 4: Laemmle Fine Arts, Beverly Hills—Q&A
- March 5: Laemmle Playhouse, Pasadena—Q&A
- March 6: IndieMemphis, Memphis—Q&A
- March 8: Jacob Burns Film Center, Pleasantville—Q&A
In connection with this news