Festivals & events
16 February 2016 à 10:34
An exceptional record for the 38th Clermont-Ferrand Film Festival
A record turnout in spectators and accredited professionals made the 2016 vintage a great year for the Clermont-Ferrand International Short Film Festival. 16 French films were awarded in the three major strands (National, International, Lab).
On Saturday February 13, the 38th Clermont-Ferrand International Short Film Festival revealed the winners of its 2016 edition. Green Romances by Marine Atlan, a film produced by La fémis, received the National Competition Grand Prix, while over in the International Competition, the Chilean film Las cosas simples, by Alvaro Anguita, was awarded the Grand Prix.
This year, the festival registered more than 160,000 admissions (+2% compared to the 2015 edition), which constitutes a new record. More than 4000 professionals were accredited, compared with 3500 in 2015.
The festival's 39th edition will take place from February 3 through 11, 2017.
National Competition Awards
- Grand Prix: Green Romances by Marine Atlan (photo)
- Special Jury Prize: Sunday Lunch by Céline Devaux
- Special Jury Mention: Fuck l’amour by François Zabaleta; Le Gouffre by Vincent Le Port; Isabel Pagliai and Julien Guillery for the photography of Isabelle Morra by Isabel Pagliai
- Prix Egalité et Diversité: Partner by Antoine Giorgini
- Best Original Film Score: Pierre Caillet for In Deep Waters by Sarah Van Den Boom
- Prix Adami for Best Actress: Florence Fauquet in Une sur trois by Cecilia de Arce
- Prix Adami for Best Actor: Eddy Suiveng in Partner by Antoine Giorgini
- Best First Film: When You Hear the Bells by Chabname Zariâb
- Best French Speaking - SACD Award: Sunday Lunch by Céline Devaux
- Prix Etudiant de la Jeunesse: Ennemis intérieurs by Sélim Azzazi
- Canal+ Award: Fais le mort by William Laboury
- Audience Prize: Ennemis intérieurs by Sélim Azzazi
- Télérama Press Prize: Le Gouffre by Vincent Le Port
- Télérama Special Press Prize: Réplique by Antoine Giorgini
- Best Comedy "Fernand-Raynaud" Award: My First Analyst by Jonathan Borgel
- Best Photography Award: Paul Guilhaume for The Yellow Island by Paul Guilhaume and Léa Mysius
All the awards can be found at the festival website.
Latest update : 18 February 2016 à 10:34 CET