gets a new look !
03 December 2010 à 21:54
As in previous years, a host of French titles featured on the program of the Taipei Golden Horse Film Festival.
For the first time, many premiere screenings of French films took place:
- The Princess of Montpensier by Bertrand Tavernier, released December 3 by OMC, (which received a digital release thanks to funding aid from the Institut Français de Taipei).
- Lily Sometimes by Fabienne Berthaud, which will be released December 17 by Catchplay. Actress Ludivine Sagnier's presence had a great impact on the screenings and ensured high profile coverage in the media. The actress also came to present Love Crime by Alain Corneau, which has not yet been picked up by a distributor.
- La Danse, The Paris Opera Ballet the documentary by Frederick Wiseman, which will be released December 24 by Swallow Wings.
- The Tree by Julie Bertucelli, with Charlotte Gainsbourg, which releases February 2011. Again, Catchplay will be handling the release.
- The Illusionist by Sylvain Chomet, which will be released straight to DVD by Horgn in 2011.
- Certified Copy, released November 26 by Joint Entertainment.
- Palme d'or winner Uncle Boonmee Who Can Recall His Past Lives was selected as the Closing Night film at the Taipei Golden Horse Film Festival, in the presence of director Apichatpong Weerasethakul, who also gave a masterclass. The film was then released 26 November by Hiatus Films, and got off to a fine start. An impressive debut launch for this young distribution company, which is now preparing the release of On Tour in Taiwan and Hong Kong, accompanied by a tour of the Cabaret Burlesque troupe who perform in the film.
Many artists were invited by local distributors, but only Ludivine Sagnier was able to make the trip, with Unifrance's support.
Latest update : 25 January 2011 à 21:54 CET