gets a new look !
18 August 2006 à 13:02
Following suit with festivals at Stockholm, Göteborg, Copenhagen, and soon Helsinki, the Audiovisual Department at the French Embassy in Sweden is to present its “French Touch Selection” at this year’s Haugesund International Film Festival, held from August 18 through 24, 2006.
In collaboration with the French Cultural Center in Oslo, Unifrance, and TV5 World, the Festival will thus feature for the first time this year a selection of twelve French productions and co-productions presented in preview screenings. The films will be included in the main festival sections as well as in a new section entitled The French Touch Selection 2006. The program includes the following productions:
- “ANGEL-A” by Luc Besson (Norwegian distributor: Columbia Tristar Nordisk Film Distributors).
- “IKLIMLER” (“THE CLIMATE”) by Nuri Bilge Ceylan (AS Fidalgo).
- “KILOMETRE ZERO” by Hiner Saleem (Action Film).
- “KIRIKOU & THE WILD BEASTS,” in the presence of MICHEL OCELOT (Scanbox Entertainment Norway).
- “LEMMING” by Dominik Moll (Sandrew Metronome Video Norge).
- “PARIS, JE T'AIME,” in the presence of FREDERIC AUBURTIN (Sandrew Metronome Norge).
- “OLIVER TWIST” by Roman Polanski (Columbia Tristar Nordisk Film Distributors).
- “THE PASSION OF JOAN OF ARC” by Carl Theodor Dreyer (Norwegian Film Institute for Gaumont).
- “THE SCIENCE OF SLEEP” by Michel Gondry (SF Norge AS).
- “TIME TO LEAVE” by François Ozon (ORO Film).
- “LA TOURNEUSE DE PAGES” (“THE PAGE TURNER”) by Denis Dercourt (ORO Film).
- “LIVE & BECOME” (“GO, SEE, AND BECOME”) by Radu Mihaileanu (AS Fidalgo).
Aimed at distributors, film buyers, and program directors, the Haugesund International Film Festival marks the start of the fall season for the Scandinavian movie industry after the summer vacation period. The Festival program has an essentially European focus. All the latest Scandinavian productions are presented at the event in preview screenings. The Festival is complemented by a Scandinavian Film Market, ''Haugesund New Nordic Films'' (August 18-22, 2006), the region’s largest event of its kind. The second largest Scandinavian film market is the ''Nordic Event'' held at the Göteborg International Film Festival in February.
For further information: www.francenordic.com
Latest update : 23 April 2009 à 13:02 CEST
Nuri Bilge Ceylan
Carl Théodore Dreyer