Festivals & events
24 October 2005 à 12:00
French films back in style at the Hof International Film Festival
Les nouveaux films de François Ozon, Dominik Moll, Patrice Chéreau, Costa Gavras sont présentés en avant-première au Festival de Hof
New films by François Ozon, Dominik Moll, Patrice Chéreau, and Costa-Gavras are to be presented in preview screenings at the festival, with "Frankie" by Fabienne Berthaud also included in the selection.
At its 39th edition, Germany's Hof International Film Festival is putting French films in the spotlight, after several years of virtual absence from its line-up.
Five French feature films are included in this year's program:
- "Frankie" by Fabienne Berthaud, in the presence of the film's director and its leading actress, Diane Krüger
- "Le temps qui reste" ("Time To Leave") by François Ozon (German distributor: Prokino), accompanied by the actor Melvil Poupaud (who will also present his own short films as a director)
- "Lemming" by Dominik Moll (German distributor: Alamode)
- "Gabrielle" by Patrice Chéreau (German distributor: Concorde Filmverleih)
- "Le Couperet" ("The Ax") by Costa Gavras (German distributor: Tiberius Film/Atlas), who will be in attendance at Hof to present a retrospective of six of his films).
A key industry event in Germany, with around 700 invited guests, the Hof International Film Festival is particularly well known for the strong presence of German distributors, with almost the entire local distribution scene attending this festival founded close to forty years ago by its loyal director, Heinz Badewitz.
For further information: www.hofer-filmtage.de
Latest update : 06 July 2011 à 12:00 CEST