Festivals & events
03 May 2016 à 17:18
Highlights of the Tu Cita con el Cine Francés event in Madrid
Now in its third year, the UniFrance-organized event dedicated to French cinema in Spain, Tu Cita con el Cine Francés, was held in Madrid from April 7 through 10, 2016, in the presence of a delegation of five film directors.
Eight films that have been acquired by Spanish distributors, and which are scheduled for commercial release following the event, formed the basis of this year's festival lineup. With this event, UniFrance aims to boost the commercial release of French films in Spain by placing the emphasis on promoting new films presented in preview screenings and inviting French actors and directors to travel to Spain to accompany their films. With 70 French films released on Spanish screens each year (registering a total of 3.7 million admissions in 2015), Spain stands out as one of the key global markets for French films.
The following selection of films was proposed by our partners in this event, the Ideal Cinema and Spanish distributors, with all titles showcased in preview screenings:
French films presented and artists in attendance
- Courted in the presence of director Christian Vincent (who also led a master class at the TAI Film School)
- A Perfect Man by Yann Gozlan
- The New Kid in the presence of director Rudi Rosenberg, at the French Institute
- Families, in the presence of director Jean-Paul Rappeneau
- Come What May, in the presence of director Christian Carion
- Monsieur Chocolat by Roschdy Zem
- Tomorrow in the presence of director Cyril Dion
- Mon roi by Maïwenn
Latest update : 12 May 2016 à 17:18 CEST