News in brief
05 May 2016 à 10:29
UniFrance at the 69th Cannes Film Festival
UniFrance will be in Cannes from May 11 through 22 at our pavilion located on the Pantiero, at the entrance to the International Village. Like every year, the UniFrance Pavilion will be the key meeting place for film crews from the French films presented in the various festival sections and international media representatives.
Designed by Sarah Lavoine, the UniFrance Pavilion will host meetings organized with the UniFrance teams alongside our president Jean-Paul Salomé and our executive director Isabelle Giordano. Meetings will be held with international film festival directors and programmers, distributors, sales agents, market directors, journalists, audiovisual attachés, cultural advisers, and professionals in the film export sector.
Every year, the international movie world comes together in May at Cannes, but French films reach out to audiences around the world every day of the year!
Here is a reminder of some key figures that illustrate French cinema's international presence in 2015:
- 108.6 million admissions in theaters outside France
- €607.7 million in box office revenues generated in foreign theaters
- A greater number of admissions registered outside France than in the home market in 2015, for the second year running
- 2015 was the 3rd year in 4 years with over 100 million admissions registered abroad
- 44.1 million admissions registered by French-language films (+26.7% over 2014)
- 551 French films released in foreign theaters
- 10 French films attracted more than 1 million spectators abroad
- Asia became the number 1 market region for French film exports in 2015, ahead of Western Europe
- Record attendance figures in Latin America, with 22.4 million admissions registered, ahead of North America
- 370 international trips made by artists to accompany their films to countries abroad (both feature films and shorts)
Day by day at the UniFrance Pavilion
Program (by invitation only and subject to change):
Thursday, May 12
6 pm: UniFrance to host a cocktail party bringing together French sales agents and international distributors to celebrate the opening of the Film Market.
Friday, May 13
12 am: Presentation of the AEFE Prize in the presence of the French Secretary of State for Francophone Affairs, André Vallini.
Saturday, May 14
11 am: Presentation of the France Culture Cinema Prize and the UniFrance/France Culture International Student Award
12 pm: Opening of the exhibition Regards de Cinéma by Matias Indjic, organized in partnership with Madame Figaro and Chanel: thirty original unpublished portraits of actors and directors photographed at the recent Rendez-Vous with French Cinema event in Paris held in January.
Monday, May 16
1 pm: Signing of the UniFrance/France Medias Monde Framework Agreement
6 pm: SPI Cocktail reception
Tuesday, May 17
4 pm: General Assembly, followed by a Board Meeting, for the Franco-German Film Meetings
6 pm: Cocktail party for the Franco-German Film Academy
Thursday, May 19
Special day devoted to short films
9:30 am: Networking Breakfast held in partnership with TitraFilm
1 pm: Luncheon and Demonstration of French VR and 3D technology
6 pm: Presentation of the UniFrance Short Film Award
Friday, May 20
10:30 am: Meetings with students from the FEMIS Film School/Film Market
Saturday, May 21
11 am: Jury deliberations for the Fipresci Prize
In 2016, the UniFrance Pavilion in Cannes benefits from support from Nespresso, Douka Paris, Nuxe, Labo Initial, Nestlé, Haribo, Tyrells, and Dammann Frères.
Alcohol abuse is dangerous for health, consume with moderation.
Latest update : 17 May 2016 à 10:29 CEST